close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who has treated you well?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by FelixD, Feb 9, 2013.

1. FelixD

FelixD
    Expand Collapse

Now that we have had 6 weeks or so of panic and shortages how have you been treated by dealers, distributors, etc? While there are some companies that will never see my money again, some have been great to deal with. Kudos to Midway, Brownell's and Windham Weaponry for fair treatment and fair, non-inflated, prices. Who in the business has treated you well?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. nick112207

nick112207
    Expand Collapse

My LGS has been great. Haven't jacked gun or ammo prices. They've had shortages but that's not their fault.

Still have Glocks in the $500 to $550 range, when other dealers are charging $650 to $700

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. cfrye11

cfrye11
    Expand Collapse

Pro Gun Victor, NY has not budged on their prices. In the last month I have bought an mp1522 from them tons of 22lr , a buddy bought a mp1522, and another friend bought a NIB G22g4 Today for $640 with tax.

ALL Guns at pre panic Retail prices.

I even Picked up a 10 round g26 mag today. they have tons of mags. $33 each.

4. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru
    Expand Collapse
    Ban Democrats!!

You don't find those prices jacked up?

I do.:wavey:

TGG

5. countrygun

countrygun
    Expand Collapse

Why would I be trying to buy stuff now?

6. wirenut

wirenut
    Expand Collapse

At lgs and I picked up a G23 mag for 20 bucks, they treat me right every time .

#6 wirenut, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  7. Gregg702

Gregg702
    Expand Collapse
    Gold Member

I haven't stepped foot in a gun store since "The Great Panic". I want to avoid the price gouging and the newbies that are undoubtably playing with the guns, and pointing and sweeping them every which way.

8. willieH

willieH
    Expand Collapse

I deal with two local gun shops. The larger and better stocked store took full advantage of the political/holiday/panic motivated shoppers and raised prices accordingly. A clerk was removing existing ammo stock and repricing while I was shopping; apparently they felt no shame in re-tagging a brick of 22lr for $70.

The smaller shop maintained their prices and worked hard to meet the increased demands for firearm/ammo.

A business is there to make money and an owner makes pricing decisions to move merchandise. These shops did not cause the high demand, but exploiting a temporary situation is their prerogative and I'm good with that. (except when selling life sustaining necessities)

Just as the business can run their affairs, so can I. I'll still visit the large shop to inspect their display case, but I'll buy from the other shop, even if I have to wait for shipping. Apparently these owners don't realize that people have memories and sense of fairness to know when they have been screwed.

9. NYcarry

NYcarry
    Expand Collapse
    Banana!Banana!

ProGuns prices are already and always have been panic priced ;)

10. clancy

clancy
    Expand Collapse

My LGS, Fur, Fin and Feather, in Livingston Manor, NY has done the right thing and not jacked up any of his prices.

11. jdw174

jdw174
    Expand Collapse

My local shops haven't jacked any prices.....but then again they don't have anything in stock to jack the prices up on. Guns are available...just don't expect to find anything to shoot in them.

12. Bruce M

Bruce M
    Expand Collapse

I picked up a gun I had ordered about a year ago from my local store and the price was what had been agreed on then. They still appear to have plenty of ammunition but I am not certain what they have done to those prices.

13. gatorboy

gatorboy
    Expand Collapse

That G4 22 price is well over $100 what it should have been.

14. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

My favorite local shops have always treated me well. That didn't change during the panic.

15. yellolab

yellolab
    Expand Collapse

2 LGS I frequent. And I hope they see this post.

Powderhorn- prices have not changed at all.
    Parros- they jacked prices on everything.

Guess which one I will steer my business to in the future?

Kevin

16. blastfact

blastfact
    Expand Collapse

Tulsa is a strange town to start with. It's like folks enjoy being ripped off to some extent. The LGS haven't went up much because,,, well they were high to began with. Have to catch them running a sale to get a fare price. Which at least one does often.

You see this with new car sales. A new car comes out and the Tulsa dealers are all well above MSRP. Sometimes $5k to $7k or more above MSRP. Drive 50 to 75 miles in any direction away from Tulsa and there idiots. And you can find the same car $250 to $500 above published ripoff invoice.

Same goes for guns. Get out of the Metro and pricing gets much better and people are much nicer.

17. Bill Keith

Bill Keith
    Expand Collapse

Same here for me as well. I have cultivated relationships with some local firearm shops and a couple gunsmiths over the years and they treat me well. The day Mr Obama made his big speech to the Nation, 1/16/13, I was so impressed:upeyes: I went to Carter's Country in Spring Texas and bought a like new, used H&R 949 double action 22 for a real good price.
    A gunsmith I do business with and I were talking about some work I need to do, and he told me that he was running low on some ammo that he uses in-house. He doesn't live too far away so I took him some 45ACP (100 rounds FMJ) and 100 rounds of 9mm FMJ ammo. I gave it to him, he was shocked:wow: and ever so grateful. I'm fortunate to have extra on hand from the 'good old days' before ammo was so expensive. I probably gave him $30 worth in uninflated old prices. I can't get it for that now, but I always believe you treat people with good will and they'll treat you back with respect in spades.

#17 Bill Keith, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  18. DustyJacket

DustyJacket
    Expand Collapse
    Directiv 10-289

Midway, 2 local dealers have done OK.

My local dealer is raising some prices a little, but they are fighting for survival right now. They have little to sell. They just cannot get guns, other than bolt guns, lever guns, and shotguns.

19. WayneJessie

WayneJessie
    Expand Collapse

I really only frequent one LGS. Here are a few of their current prices:
    1. Gen3 Glock19 $499;Gen4 G19 $550
    2. SR9,SR40 $429
    3. M&P full size $550

Don't know about AR&AK prices as I have not been in the market for one.
    Ammo is like most places here: non-existant
    Really, the worst pricing he has is on police trade-in Glocks. I don't know why anyone would pay as much for a trade-in as a new gun:dunno:
    Somehow he's managing to re-stock his handguns fairly well.

20. brausso

brausso
    Expand Collapse

CDNN
    Classic Firearms
    Brownells
    BCM

All have delivered as promised over the last 6 weeks. Brownells had the 10 pack of pmags on backorder but delivered as promised at the original pre-freak out prices.

Prices at the other places were increased slightly, but have always delivered with excellent customer service and timely shipping. BCM added a mandatory NRA donation fee of $25 when I ordered my BCG. Although I support the NRA, I feel I should have the ability to pick and chose when and where I'd like to donate to. I'm already a lifetime member. Either way, it obviously didn't prevent me from ordering because I believe in their product.