Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Who Has Slow Cooker Recipes?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by ricky, Jan 1, 2008.

1. ricky

ricky Millennium Member

May 9, 1999
    Miami, Fl.
    I find the slow cooker very easy to use and needed some good recipes with meat, potatoes, veggies?

2. One of my favorite easy meals uses the slow cooker. Throw in some chicken breasts (frozen ok), cream cheese, and some cream of chicken/mushroom soup.

Cook for 5 hours or so. Serve on rice or noddles. Add salt and pepper to taste. This is also great as left overs
  3. Glockerel

Glockerel Got Mojo?

I used to make Rouladen the old fashioned way by stuffing, rolling and toothpicking the meat. Now I dump it all in the crockpot at the same time. This is a fabulous recipe!
    1- 3lb lean, thick chuck or arm roast, spread all over with dijon mustard.
    Add 1 Cup each:
    diced raw bacon
    diced dill pickles
    diced onion
    Stir a 1/2 package brown gravy mix into a 1/2 cup red wine.
    Add all to the roast, no more liquid needed.
    Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
    Serve over noodles or spaetzle.
  4. SouthernGal

SouthernGal What's Up Dox?

Jun 18, 2004
    NW MS
    My favorite is an English Roast, a can of Cream of Mushroom soup, a Can of Water, and a package of Lipton Onion Soup mix. Throw this in the cooker for the afternoon and you get a tasty roast with gravy.

Glockerel has changed his avatar. No more Farting Chicken :(
  5. Glockerel

Glockerel Got Mojo?

Sorry bout that, if it makes a difference, I lay one down once in a great while...
  6. SouthernGal

SouthernGal What's Up Dox?

Jun 18, 2004
    NW MS
    Every time I'd see that Av pic I'd start laughing and at times it was the highlight of my day.

7. woodaspdawn

May 16, 2007
    I just got a crockpot from my mom for Christmas this year and I was at a loss of what to cook in it. These websites will really help.
    UtahBen, is that on high or low for 5 hours? Thanks
  8. ricky

ricky Millennium Member

May 9, 1999
    Miami, Fl.
    I now just have to find the time to get it done, with military duty and a full time job it sometimes gets over whelming.

Thanks for the sites though!!
  9. Not sure...I'll check with the wife when she wakes up.
  10. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Feb 11, 2002
    California Sierra Mnts
    What I had for lunch today was leftovers of a crockpot recipe almost identical to yours... (Has some homemade ranch dressing mix (dry) thrown in along with some other stuff....