close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Who has run a suppressor on a G26?

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Lindenwood, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Lindenwood

Lindenwood

Oct 27, 2011
    I am getting pretty close to investing in a suppressor setup for my G26. I know the G19 is a generally better host, but I don't want to buy a whole separate gun, and I like the short barrel and slide for appendix carry while on my bicycle.

Who's suppressed a G26 and how did it run?

2. Lindenwood

Lindenwood

Oct 27, 2011
    And by "how did it run," I mean did you have any cycling issues? I know the subcompacts are the most difficult to get to function with muzzle cans, though in general most people with problems are trying to use the under-powered suppressor-only loads (147gr @ like 850fps). I would be using defensive-level loads (perhaps 147 @ 1000+fps).

3. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    I did, but it interfered with my bayonet, so I had to take it off.

4. r2kba

r2kba Relax

Jun 13, 2000
    South Texas

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1399373

Do you look at the other threads here?

It does run on normal loads, but with subsonics I have tried so far, I have not found a load that cycles. However, I have not really looked yet either. I've heard Special-K runs great in glocks, but I have not tried it myself.

The regular 'defensive' loads you describe with 147grain pills are all subsonic by default.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  5. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    Excellent. :supergrin:

6. Lindenwood

Lindenwood

Oct 27, 2011
    I have researched a great deal about suppressing the G26, but there isn't much out there (the thread you provided, for example, only contained two minor anecdotes about suppressing a G26). I am generally gathering that while this model is more sensitive to the increased muzzle weight, using more powerful loads will make for a reliable setup. But, I was just looking for more experience since there isn't a lot of posted info out there about the details of suppressing the G26.

Being subsonic has nothing to do with its relative power. Most suppressor-specific 147gr loads come out of full-sized guns at <900fps. A 147gr @ 1000fps from a 3.5" barrel would provide a ~50% greater recoil impulse, which should make a big impact for reliable functioning.

7. Jakk

Jakk Millennium Member

Nov 10, 1999
    Michigan
    I had no problems running a Trident-9 on a G27 with a Lone Wolf conversion barrel.

[​IMG]