close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Who has GLOCK RTF2 Gills/Curved/Crescent slide serrations?

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by trozau, May 8, 2010.

1. deeHKman

deeHKman "It Is Written"

Aug 13, 2010
    SC
    I have recently bought a 17 and 19 rtf2 with gills. My 21sf rtf2 no gills. All are my favorite Glocks.

2. brianr34

brianr34

Nov 17, 2009
    Ohio
    I have a G17 RTF2 that I use for IDPA. I really like the secure feeling of the grip.

Just curious how much the texture wears down over time. I am hoping it does not change very much. I would be bumming if after a few thousand rounds, the grip changes a lot and becomes too slick.

I do not carry the RTF2, so the only handling is during shooting.

If anyone has a few thousand rounds through their RTF2, I would appreciate feedback on how the texture is holding up.

3. Unkind

Unkind

Aug 6, 2010
    USA
    My EDC is a G19 with gills (PED serial #). I just didn't see this thread until now because I never browse this section of the forum. :)j

EDIT: Oh Brianr34, I have quite a few thousand rounds through my gilled G19 RTF2. The texture is definitely smoother than when I first got it, but it is still holding up great. As a matter of fact I just shot it in the pouring rain a few days ago and it was great!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  4. You guys made me do it again. I just got off the phone with Ed's Public Safety. I put in an order for a G17 rtf2.

edited to add:

Got it. NST - G17 rtf2 - June 17, 2010
    Blue label w/ 3 mags - rtf2 w/ fish gills - gray barrel

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  5. brianr34

brianr34

Nov 17, 2009
    Ohio
    The G17 RTF2 is very nice. I only own one handgun and it is a G17 RTF2.

I have been trying to talk myself into buying a G34 for IDPA and sell the RTF2. The RTF2 texture is just so nice, it is hard to give it up.

6. YaDaddy

YaDaddy

Oct 3, 2010
    Scored a used LE turn in G22 RTF2 NVXxxx with the fish gills and night sights a few months ago. One of 10 available, so I got to do my own handpick and landed one that is spotless. I think the gills are superior to the straight edge serrations and actually prefer them. Dead balls accurate gun. First round out of the gun was a bullseye at 33 feet.
    Looking forward to a little mix and match of the slide with a Gen 4 22 and an OD 22 that I will have in the near future. At least for some photos.
    The way the Gen 4 shoulda been IMHO. Woulda been nice to have the new frame grip with the fish gills.

7. Scouse

Scouse

Jul 7, 2002
    Orlando
    I had bought it already. Carry it every day, NVExxx.

Left the 5 lb connector in, crisp release. TruGlow sights, great. Leaving the rough outside, pulls on shirt, when carrying, the only part that needs to be left alone, the back strap.

On a draw, gun stays still! No slip, which the Gen3 tends to do, the Gen4 main spring? not fixed yet!

8. Armed-N-Ready

Armed-N-Ready Glock Clone

Dec 27, 2009
    Chicago Suburb
    G17 RTF2 / NUUxxx / 03/10/10 TFD
    G22 RTF2 / NBMxxx / 04/06/09 TFD
    G23 RTF2 / PEXxxx / 05/14/10 TFD
    G19 RTF2 / NEX..T /

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  9. James Dean

James Dean

Jan 31, 2010
    East of Eden
    I saw a brand new G17 RTF2 With gills at my local gun shop. If anyone is looking for one, Send me a message.

10. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Sep 20, 2003
    Penn's Woods

Yeah, until just now, I thought I was the only one who noticed this - Good call! (Someone at the factory must be cross-eyed.) Purchased my 3rd. gen. G-19(RTF2) on Nov. 1st of last year. The witness cartridge envelope is stamped April, 2010. The serial number is, 'PEDxxx'.

Don't really care that the serrations are backwards. I really like the RTF2 finish; so, of course, it's already being changed.

Shoots like a dream! 1,500 rounds through it, so far, all without the slightest hiccup. (Not counting the crappy, 'Zone 3' sights the shady dealer talked me into buying.)

I don't see myself ever owning another 9mm Glock; but, I definitely like this one. Sure glad I didn't fall into the, 'Gen 4 hole' too.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  11. Hatchie

Hatchie

Jan 13, 2011
    West Tennessee
    I thought the guy at my local gun shop was just using a sales pitch.
    I bought a Model 23 RTF2 with the curved serrations because I thought it looked cool and it was actually cheaper than the Gen 4's I was comparing it to. I wanted a 23 to match my issued 22. The sales guy said he couldn't give me the LEO discount that they normally give but he did throw in an extra mag. I didn't realize what I'd gotten until I stumbled across this thread.
    Mine is Model 23, red label with NZP prefix.
    I really, REALLY like this pistol.
    Ordered a 27 yesterday and seriously considering trying to locate a Model 22 RTF.
    I'm really enjoying all the new (to me) info I'm finding on this forum.
    Thanks guys.

12. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Sep 20, 2003
    Penn's Woods
    I held a brand new 3rd gen. G-22(RTF2) w/ slide scallops in my hands this afternoon. It is a flawless pistol. The dealer is selling it for $520.00 + the usual fees. It's a very busy gun shop; but, if you're interested here's the information.

http://www.dunkelbergers.com/

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  13. CRUZ CONTROL

CRUZ CONTROL

Feb 18, 2009
    MICHIGAN
    G17-RTF2 serial perfix NPB born on date 01/12/10

14. Hatchie

Hatchie

Jan 13, 2011
    West Tennessee

Thanks for the info but I'm gonna have to save up a little before I make

anymore "additions".

I've got a local dealer that's been great to work with too.

Thanks again though.

15. bigal1000

bigal1000

Jan 13, 2011
  16. docj78

docj78

Feb 1, 2010
    Discovered a G23 rtf2 w/gills just days after I bought my G23 "regular" last year. I was bummed b/c I really liked the grip texture--and agree that the gills look really cool/distinctive in a world of millions of regular textures/serrations. I still feel like if I could trade my current 23 for the RTF2, I would instantly.

...Came across another today, and almost bought it. I will DEFINITLEY be getiting another 23 soon, but have been leaning towards the GEN4. So to those of you that have the G23 rtf2 w/ gills--AND a GEN4-which do you like better?

Keep in mind, the gun will be for EDC/lots of range time. Most GEN4 owners claim the dual recoil spring is at least slightly smoother/less snappy, and that the grip is the perfect compromise. Help me decide...

17. Tarant

Tarant

Jan 15, 2011
    Southern Oregon
    I have a G22 RTF2 with gills and I am loving it so far. The grip is amazing both on the slide and frame. I have had a few strange questions about the gills.
    Q-Why would you get that done? A-It came that way! has been a common one.

Date on the envelope is 04/26/10

Only down side I see is the frame texture will wear down faster, but I will wait and see.

18. uzimon

uzimon team ftp

Jul 11, 2007
    Tomball,tx
    gills are cool. are they more expensive?
    sorry to threadjack

19. Tarant

Tarant

Jan 15, 2011
    Southern Oregon
    No, from what I have seen they are the same price as regular, however I believe they are discontinued. So there are getting harder to find.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011