Glock Talk banner

Who has GLOCK RTF2 Gills/Curved/Crescent/Scalloped slide serrations?

289K views 1K replies 474 participants last post by  Redbeard86 
#1 · (Edited)
• 🤠 RTF2 background information:
The RTF2 finish was developed after direct feedback from the United States Special Operations community. There are many instances where the environment offers difficult to manage wet and humid conditions. In order to continue providing cutting edge solutions, GLOCK developed the RTF2. The newly designed frame incorporates over 4,000 “polymids" (or raised polymer gripping spikes shaped like small pyramids) on the front, rear and sides (including the thumb rests) of the grip enhancing the users grip and tactile feel for the pistol even in the most extreme conditions. The slide came with a new look to provide extraordinary performance in the field via a newly designed crescent shaped grasping grooves, offering a new stylish dimension to the term efficient improvement. 🤠

The G19/G23 RTF2's were formally announced for release back in November 2009. Although the last RTF2's with crescent serrations look to have been issued March 2011, GLOCK discontinued the manufacture of crescent serrations and reverted back to the regular straight serrations mid 2010. That makes it an 8 month run for the G19/G23 RTF2 with crescent serrations. With the other models and finishes GLOCK manufactured concurrently for that 8 month period, that makes the G19/G23 RTF2 with crescent serrations pretty scarce. 🤠

The G22 RTF2 was first introduced for release in the 2009 Shot Show (January 2009) then the G17 RTF2 was announced for release May 2009. That makes it an 18 month run for the G22 RTF2 with crescent serrations and a 14 month run for the G17 RTF2 with crescent serrations. 🤠

The lowest serial known for a gillie RTF2 is MVExxx G22 (test fired 01/2009). The highest serial known for a gillie RTF2 is PEYxxx G17 test fired 03/2011 (PEXxxx G23C had a test fire date of 12/2010). Anybody who has a GLOCK RTF2 Gills/Curved/Crescent slide serrations with lower serial than MVExxx OR higher serial than PEYxxx, please post your: beginning serial, model and test fire date (if known). Just want to get some definitive statistics on what the lowest AND highest serial that can be found for the gillie RTF2s and when they were released by GLOCK Smyrna. 🤠 Thanks.

Other than the crescent serrations NOT being received positively by GLOCK customers, I would also speculate that one of the possible reasons GLOCK discontinued the manufacture of crescent serrations may be because they are more complex and take longer time to machine than the regular straight serrations.

Let's get an official shout out from all GT forum members who have this very collectible GLOCK. I'll start:

NZNxxx G23RTF2 - with Crescent serrations. Born on Jan 7, 2010 🤠
PARxxx G19RTF2 - with Crescent serrations. Born on Mar 4, 2010 🤠

• 🤠 Posting results summary - we have 595 gillies, so far, broken down as follows:
G17 - 168
G19 - 108
G22 - 165
G23 - 99
G22C - 12
G23C - 43

Let's keep the list building... 🤠
updated to include up to Oldno7drinker’s post

• 🤠 GLOCK RTF2 with Gills/Curved/Crescent slide serrations Factoids:
a) G22 - introduced at the 2009 Shot Show with release date of Jan 2009
b) G17 - announced with release date of May 2009
c) G19 & G23 - announced with release date of Nov 2009
d) G23C gillie RTF2s exist
e) G22C gillie RTF2s exist
f) MVExxx - lowest known serial (a G22 model)
g) PEYxxx - highest known serial (a G17 model)

• 🤠 Additional GLOCK RTF2 Notes:
a) Production of crescent shaped slide serrations were discontinued mid 2010
b) All currently manufactured GLOCK RTF2s are now back to the vertical straight serrations
c) G21SF RTF2s only have the vertical straight serrations (no gillies are known to exist)
d) 1 G30 RTF2 & 1 G30SF RTF2 known to exist in FDE with vertical straight serrations only (no gillies are known to exist)
e) G31 RTF2s only have the vertical straight serrations (no gillies are known to exist)
f) G32 RTF2s only have the vertical straight serrations (no gillies are known to exist)
g) GLOCK now ONLY issues RTF2s for Law Enforcement (blue label) and they are NOT for sale directly to the public as red or white label
h) RTF2s have been issued every now and then via special Lipsey's RTF2 Vickers editions (available to the public) with FDE, gray & black polymer frames and Vickers part upgrades and LAV in their serial. Also, 340 FDE and 989 gray framed RTF2s exist as non-Lipsey's Vickers editions with regular GLOCK serial numbers (non-LAV)
i) Gilled RTF2 G17s and G22s are planned to be re-released Sep 2017 along with RTF2 G17s, G19s and G22s with straight serrations (now official with a GLOCK Facebook post dated Sep 28)
Text Font Photography Electronic device Brand

j) Earliest serial known for the reissued G17/G22 gillie RTF2s is BGADxxx sold in Oct 2017
k) All the known RTF2 issues from GLOCK:
~ RTF2 with gill serrations (Black only frame):
G17
G19
G22
G23
G22C
G23C
~ RTF2 with regular vertical serrations:
G17
G19
G22
G23
G21SF
G30
G30SF
G31
G32
~ Factory polymer colored RTF2 with regular vertical serrations:
Gray - G17, G19
FDE - G17, G19, G30, G30SF
Black - G17, G19, G22, G23, G21SF, G31, G32
l) RTF2 models (gilled or otherwise) may possibly be a US only offering - response to email inquiry received from GLOCK Customer Service proves otherwise (RTF2 models were marketed across the US and other countries
Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Gun accessory

See less See more
#34 · (Edited)
I got one!:cool:
I can see from the pic that it is full size but is it a G17 or G22? Let me know so I can update the model count. :cool:

edited to add: Found your previous post on getting a G17RTF2 so I updated the model counts, already.

#36 ·
Ordered G22 RTF2 with gills on 4-9-10 , isnt here yet so dont know born on , or serial prefix.
Update us when you get it so I can officially count your G22. :cool:

#38 ·
What do you need in order for our glock to be officially counted?
Just do not want to count undelivered orders (just in case the source fails to deliver). Otherwise, just a post mentioning ownership of a G17, G22, G19 or G23 RTF2 with shark gills is enough.

#39 ·
Just do not want to count undelivered orders (just in case the source fails to deliver). Otherwise, just a post mentioning ownership of a G17, G22, G19 or G23 RTF2 with shark gills is enough.
Gotchya!

#41 ·
#45 ·