close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Who has done this

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by decibels5, Jan 9, 2010.

1. decibels5

decibels5

Sep 14, 2009
    So, I bought a Kimber with the plain sights. It also has the crimson trace, but I prefer to use the regular sights most of the time. Now what I am wondering has anyone ever added their own white dots to these sights? plain sight.jpg

2. glocks rock

glocks rock

Oct 23, 2008
    You can either paint the front sight or replace it with a tritium or fiber optic.

3. VanguardMP

VanguardMP

Nov 21, 2006
    Texas
    Decibels5,

I was just thinking about doing the samething this morning. I just picked up the Kimber Ultra Crimson Trace II yesterday as well. I plan on adding the night sites soon, but until then I thought about buying a paint pen and adding the dots. All of my primary carry guns have night sights. Can't wait to shoot mine later this week.

VMP

4. Substance-P

Substance-P Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    automotive touch-up paint works real well. Pick up some orange, gold, or green and you are GTG

5. Oaklands

Oaklands

Nov 25, 2009
    Just painted the GI sights on a Rock Island M1911-A1 I took on trade yesterday for an old pickup truck I had for sale. I painted the front orange and put some green on the back ones. I didn't paint all of the back sights, just a little to each side so I could line up the orange in between. My eyes are what they used to be, and these progressive lenses in my glasses are not the most gun-friendly glasses.

6. 1911ShooterDude

1911ShooterDude

Sep 2, 2007
    Git some of the GFs red nail polish and stroke away. Done!