close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Who has a Sig 522? What ammo do you use?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by CDR_Glock, Apr 9, 2012.

1. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

Apr 1, 2010
    Virginia
    So I'll be getting a Sig 522 this week, and I'd like to know what ammo you use. What is reliable and gives you the most accuracy and/or distance?

Are there certain types of ammo that are not to be used in this?

2. Caladan

Caladan

Aug 7, 2007
    The only ammo I have used in ours is the bulk Federal 550 pack that is found at Walmart. Runs just fine. Plenty accurate for plinking, which is the only thing I do with this rifle. How accurate it ultimately is I do not know, as I have not shot for grouping at standardized distances.

You'll like the 522. It's a very fun gun to shoot....

3. 405dave

405dave

Mar 13, 2007
    Bama
    I found some lead nosed junk at a yard sale a couple years ago, around 2500 rounds. I do not know how old it was, the lady told me her husband had died 5 years ago and was sick for 4-5 years before he passed so it was old ammo. It had some kind of oily, sticky film all over it so I washed all of it in my sink using hand soap. I layed out a towel and layed them on it, rolled it up and dried them as best I could. Me, Dad, and my brother shot 1500 rounds of that crap through the brand new never fired 522 and not 1 single jam, misfire, FTE, NOTHING! LOL I don't know if you can find an ammo it will not shoot. Of course it was not very accurate but I was using a EOTECH not a scope. You will have fun with it.

4. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    I shot every brand of .22 from Federal to thunderbolts and it all worked

5. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle

Nov 27, 2011
    I really don't pay attention to what I buy for mine, whatever is bulk and inexpensive. I can't say I'm doing serious accuracy drills but it'll shoot anything. Enjoy! I love mine.
    [​IMG]

6. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

Apr 1, 2010
    Virginia
    Thanks, everyone. I read that it feeds anything.

I bought mine with the quad rail and top rail, from a friend, with an Eotech 512 and 3x magnifier. With the same setup on my AR-15, I can hit out to 250 yards. I was wondering how far I can go with a little 22.

Lifetime NRA Member
    US Navy Veteran, CDR

7. KingWalleye

KingWalleye

Jan 6, 2011
    The only ammo that ever gave mine trouble was the Remington golden bullets. Everything else including sub-sonics has been flawless even when filthy and dry.

8. Navitimer

Navitimer

Apr 29, 2009
    I love my Sig 522. Never had a FTF and I've fed it multiple brands. I typically use the CCI Mini-Mags. You'll have a good time with your 522!

9. dakota359

dakota359

Jul 10, 2009
    Mine eats anything I feed it. The only thing I hate are the magazines are a pain to load. Has anyone found a good way to load them?

10. AZ Jeff

AZ Jeff

Aug 20, 2003
    middle of AZ
    Are all your magazines factory, or the Black Dog ones (who actually makes the factory mags)? If so, Black Dog make a loader that turns the job from a TOTAL PITA to just an annoyance. (You can shoot FAR faster than you can load!)