who has a 10mm auto?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by brassraker, Jul 8, 2013.

1. arkdweller22

arkdweller22 Cuhootnified

Dan Wesson C-Bob
    Kimber Stainless Target II
    S&W 1076
    Tanfoglio Witness Match
    Glock 20
    Glock 29

The softest shooter is the Glock 20. The wide backstrap and polymer frame seem to tame the recoil well. I also installed a solid steel guide rod with an ISMI 20# spring which helps, particularly with hot handloads.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I've got a Colt Delta in stainless and a Glock 20SF. I've got no complaints with either one. No trouble finding ammo even through the latest big scare.

I cast bullets for it and reload. When I bought the gun I decide that's the way to go and just bought the mould, dies, and a 1,000 Starline brass all at the same time. It's the only way to go if you are going to shoot a gun IMHO. I'd never do it any other way again. I measure my ammo supply in how many full gallon jugs I've got left.

Both guns have functioned flawlessly with every thing I've run through them, full power, heavy bullets, light bullets, lead, jacketed, hollow points. They are both hand guns but they are two different styles and have different advantages over each other. The obvious Glock vs 1911, most every argument is all true on both sides until they get frustrated and start claiming one is more reliable than another, limp wristing, or what ever. They are what they are.

Yes the Glock holds 15 rounds of ammo, duh.

Yes the 1911 is thinner and is a lot more comfortable to wear all day on a belt in my Galco Fletch than the Glock in a Kydex belt holster in the same position.

Yes the 1911 trigger is crisp as breaking glass, the Glock trigger feels more like it belongs on a Red Ryder BB gun than a $500 modern handgun.

No, plastic doesn't rust or scratch as easy.

I don't get how people get so butthurt argueing over these aspects though it is pretty hilarious. If you buy one expecting the other, you are going to have a bad day trying to convince yourself you are happy about it.

#22 Jack Ryan, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  3. Dan Wesson razorback, D W C bob

Glock 20, 29
  4. I have a few hundred rounds of 10 left over from trading. The G29 sounds interesting...
  5. wlkjr

Have one G20SF and two G29SF, one of which is an OD. I shoot the 29 better.
  6. The Glock 20 is a great gun. The recoil isn't as bad as I thought it would be when I shot my first glock 20. I especially like the Gen 4 model.
  7. Just a G20. It is pleasant to shoot
  8. mine is a G20sf and the sf grip fits me great. I have only had it a few weeks but I'm surprized at how well it handles the recoil.
  9. One of my favorite calibers.

Gen 2 G-20

10. Too many pics I guess.

11. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I am positively green with envy.
  12. Sad thing is that I mostly shoot .40 through that 610. I really want to send my 4" GP100 off to get chopped down to 3" and converted to 10mm. Adjustable Meprolights on a 3" 10mm converted GP100 is the perfect packin pistol IMHO.
  13. DeLo

2x 29sf but looking to add a gen 4 20 at some point to the herd....but not until I can get more brass.
  14. Glock 20SF. 11.0 grains of Bluedot under a 180 grain pill....................BIG FUN.
  15. cessnastud

cessnastud Rawr!!!

Gen 4 Glock 20. Love it. Really want a 4" 610 though...
  16. wlkjr

I think I really need to get into reloading. With tax and shipping I'm usually spending between 50-60 cents a round.:crying:
  17. thats my all around "it'll be plenty of gun" load. never checked velocity but its moving. and filthy accurate.

with my cast wheel weight loads taking everything into consideration i think im under $0.10 per. even approaching $0.06 per. depending on brass mileage. ha! brass mileage!
  18. Very nice collection
  19. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I am thinking of getting a cheap, well used GP100 and have it mod for 10mm too.
  20. If you are going to shoot a 10mm, reloading is a must! Heck, reloading is a must on any round because of the prices and hard to find ammo.:wow: