Who else here has been a Glock missionary?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Wayloss, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Just curious I have only been shooting Glocks for 1.5 yrs but in that time I turned a friend coworker from "Not a Glock guy" to a proud owner of a 36 and a 19. This poor soul had a Keltec fail on him and injure him and swore he would never carry a gun without a manual safety.....
    Who else has brought the wayward to the flock?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Anyone else grow there own food here? The Okie Corral Jun 10, 2015
    Motorcycle threads elsewhere on GlockTalk Moto Club May 5, 2015
    There’s Nothing Worse Than A Bad Cop - When You Ignore Everything Else Civil Liberties Issues Apr 23, 2015
    Anyone else here read Unbroken? The Book Rack Dec 31, 2014
    Here comes Chelsea! Political Issues Jun 24, 2014

3. SCC

SCC Member Me

I have about 6 or more

4. I've been a 1911 missionary. :supergrin:

5. Teach newbies, let them try different guns, sometimes they like the Glocks.

Sometimes they like something else.

6. I have specific reasons why I like my Glocks. I am happy to tell folks why I like them. I am happy to let someone shoot them. But, I believe that Glocks have a very specific "personality." I have found that people either love them or hate them. It seems like very few folks fall in the middle.

7. Jack23

Jack23 I. B. Glockin'

I have been spreading the word for 10 years. I have numerous converts from among the unwashed masses. since SOME of the Gen 4s have come out I've tempered, modified and qualified my message but I'm still a Golck-a-holic. I'm not a blind fanatic, I' know there is something less than perfection in the picture these days but I still believe in basic Glock quality and I am confident that all the Gen 4 bugs will all be worked out sooner or later.

8. I don't limit myself to one type of handgun. I enjoy shooting several different styles. I encourage the same with others . Each has their own preferences. Dude, it's just a gun, not a religion :dunno:

9. As of late there have been more Glock "Dr. Kervorkians" here on GT with all these lame BTF threads. :upeyes:

10. I was a missionary and I promote many guns.

11. Last year a friend of mine was in the market for a handgun. So I went to the range with him and let him try my 19. He tried some others, but liked mine the best and ended up getting a Gen3 like I have. Although now he wants to trade it for a 26.

I wouldn't call myself a missionary, but I enjoy the position.

#10 Yzerman, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  12. Your not going to last long here. :rofl::rofl:

13. About a week ago I started a subreddit on Reddit to promote/discuss/advertise Glock. From 0 to 250 readers in just a few short days.

www.reddit.com/r/glocks in case anyone is interested

14. I agree with the thought of trying as many different brands as possible before deciding.

15. Perhaps unintentionally you have been a missionary for any of several brands and models. But your biggest missionary work has probably been not for the 1911 but rather for the Powerball so me and perhaps one other guy on here could dream about being able to afford a Korth, a P210, a 952, a Guncrafter, a...

16. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Since 1996...

The indoor range handed me a G19 and 2 magazines after I had been working for weeks with a Taurus PT92, and pulling off coffee can diameter groups at 7 yards...

Took that G19 out and pulled off a 2" group no prob... :wow: then they showed me the break down and maintenance - and I was *hooked*!

By far the most flexible, maintainable, and customizable pistol platform on the market.

I'm not a missionary - I Am An Evangelist! :supergrin:

Patrick

17. Hickock45 has been as big a proponent of Glocks as they come. He has been as sincere and gushingly enthusiastic in his praise as you can imagine. He's beyond parodying! But Obama has probably sold more on the idea of buying a Glock than anyone.

18. You got that right. The SHTF that he is trying to bring on isn't your normal SHTF. I ditched my 1911's and got Glocks. I also don't shoot too much bullseye, anymore. I'm now back to defensive drills and speed shooting (I do have one Glock set up for some slow fire, but it'll still kick butt if needed). I wanted pistols that would take it without worrying about a little soot or a HP fouling things up in my target 1911's, so I got Glocks.

Is this ^^^ missionary enough???

19. PVQ

PVQ
    Millennium Member

Amen!!!

20. I usually tell people who ask me what semi automatic gun should I buy to buy a Glock. I tell them it is the same pistol that is carried by their city and state police. Therefore, if they get involved in a self defense shooting no one can say they are Rambo.