close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

White Warning Label on case.

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by Bsimms, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Bsimms

Bsimms
    Expand Collapse

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I recently purchased a used Glock 17 with a DOB of 2008 (my first Glock). It looks like new to me, and it shoots just fine. The case has the big white warning label about children and etc., here is the dumb question, will I harm the resell value of the package if I remove the warning label? I visit the Colt forum a lot and I know for people who collect Colts, original is gold.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Cruiser1

Cruiser1
    Expand Collapse
    Still Alive

I am not sure that many Glocks come under the heading of "collectable". I know as a Ruger collecter that having all the origional boxes, packaging, labels and paperwork is gold. I recently sold a First model Ruger 44 carbine. Having everthing for it was a major factor in what I received for it.

3. HotRoderX

HotRoderX
    Expand Collapse
    Gen4 BETATester

Just my very humble opinion but unless its a special edition then its not rare at all. Glocks have been way to mass produced to be collectible. There are some rare examples but there few and far between.

4. Bsimms

Bsimms
    Expand Collapse

I was not thinking in terms of collectible like a Colt Python, just if I wanted to sell the gun in the future, a knowledgeable person may ask where is the white warn label? Anyway I solved the problem I removed the label and it came off in one piece, so I just attached it to a plastic shelve lining paper I had, and put it with the other related paper work for the gun, if someone wants the warn label it can be re-attached to the case.

#4 Bsimms, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  5. jvmucci

jvmucci
    Expand Collapse

Call Glock customer service and they will send you a label. I have gotten several in the past.

6. barstoolguru

barstoolguru
    Expand Collapse
    texas proud

enjoy the gun and don't worry about making money

7. BassBait

BassBait
    Expand Collapse

A colectable regular G17..?? LOL... it'll sell for more if you put it in to a S&W case... :rofl: :rofl: