close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

White House Requires Registration of Unborn

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by windplex, May 8, 2012.

1. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    What?? Bizarre. Never surprised, but constantly amazed.

2. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    How do they find out when "Baby NMN Smith" is born, in order to update their records? :dunno:

Doesn't really make any sense. I'm a bit skeptical that it's real.

3. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Let's see. Pregnant woman goes to visit the white house and she must register herself and her unborn child. O.K. Kill a pregnant woman in a traffic accident and your are charged with double-vehicular homicide. O.K. Kill a pregnant woman at Ft. Hood and you are charged with only the murder of the pregnant woman. What? Kill a unborn child because the pregnant woman finds it inconvenient and its a "medical procedure." What? If the little man in the white house thinks so much of unborn children when their pregnant mothers visit the white house, where is the similar concern for pregnant women murdered by a muslim terrorist wearing a U.S. uniform... or abortionist plying their trade in killing unborn children?

4. Chuck TX

Chuck TX CLM

Jul 11, 2003
    Republic of Texas
    I wonder how many of them are going to end up voting in the next election. :whistling:

5. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Had haji hasan been off post, he'd get murder counts for mother and child.

6. whoflungdo

whoflungdo

Jul 15, 2008
    MS

I'm not too worried about them voting... I'm more concerned with the number of times they will vote...:whistling:

7. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

And,when you can wrap your mind around that conflict in a logical manner, you can wrap it around anything.

8. HarlDane

HarlDane

Jul 26, 2005
    San Joaquin Valley
    It seemed pretty apparent to me, especially considering the wording(i.e. asking to update the tour info after the baby is born), that the application would be for an unborn child who is going to be accompining the parent(s) to the White House after it is born.

It makes sense when you consider these applications would most likely need to be filed months before a vist.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  9. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    Man, this sucks. I was all prepared to jump up and down on how do they count as people,in the womb, for WH visits but not when it comes to abortions.

However, this is not the case. They are requesting info on applications on children who may be born in between submitting the application and the actual visit date. Hence, the part about apps. being updated 48 hours prior.

The Free Beacon seems to be as reliable as CNN. They both misrepresent the facts to serve an agenda. In layman terms, they lie.

10. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Best to skip it then and head on over to the freebacon.com site.

11. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    Free bacon, where?

12. Jonesee

Jonesee

Apr 16, 2009
    Hate to be the killjoy, but here is the rest of the story:

Max Milien, a spokesman for White House Secret Security, said it's not accurate to say that fetuses are counted as people on White House tours.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/08/secret-service-fetuses-white-house-tours_n_1501235.html

"This notation device "simply serves as a placeholder for the baby once it's born," Milien said. "All White House guests are required to provide information at the time of their request for the tour, including for children and infants, and those expected to be on the tour once born."

It makes sense. A new mother can't be asked to leave a newborn infant outside and this allows the registration of the infant for a tour after it is born.

But I know how some of you guys hate to let facts get in the way of your rants...

13. series1811

They could have a box where you opt out of registration if you plan on killing it before the tour.

14. Jonesee

Jonesee

Apr 16, 2009

Intelligent, rational response.
    (sometimes it is better to be thought a fool...)

15. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    "But I know how some of you guys hate to let facts get in the way of your rants..." When the discussion touches upon the domestic terrorist currently occupying the white house, any thing goes.

16. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Thank you. So, why then would the muslim terrorist killing a woman and her unborn child on the post be any different?

17. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    On post is not technically Texas. It is a federal reservation. That's the same reason you cannot carry on post, on property controlled by the US Army Corps of engineers, or VA property.

18. series1811

Yeah, but I know why it bothered you enough to respond.

And, it's a good sign.

19. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Thank you. So... on a fed. reservation killing the pregnant woman is a homicide but killing her unborn child is not a homicide? Is that right? If she'd been a pregnant officer, wonder if the same procedure would have been followed.