close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

White House petition to deport Piers Morgan

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by xmanhockey7, Dec 23, 2012.

1. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7

Dec 6, 2010
    Michigan
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...piers-morgan-attacking-2nd-amendment/prfh5zHD

Kind of funny if you ask me. Over 27,000 signatures in three days.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  2. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont

3. opto_isolator

opto_isolator Extinct GOP

Aug 2, 2006
    Orlando
    You read that backwards. They have over 28,000 signatures, and need 0! The whitehouse now has to address the petition....lol.

4. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    They couldn't deport that liberal commie turd fast enough!

:steamed:

5. glock_19guy1983

glock_19guy1983

Sep 8, 2002
    dixie
    I would rather they tie an anvil to his foot and make him swim home.:supergrin:

6. uhlawpup

uhlawpup Gentle Soul

Nov 18, 2003
    Houston
    Wow. Defend the Second Amendment by violating the First.

What we need is an amendment against ignorance.

7. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7

Dec 6, 2010
    Michigan
    Here is how I see it. Piers makes the argument that the 2nd amendment should only apply to muskets because that's the guns they had at that time period. Well if that is true then freedom of the press and free speech should not be extended to his TV show because at the time all they had were printing presses. Obviously freedom of the press and free speech extend to TV, internet, etc. Piers only cares about the amendments he likes. While he should not really be deported for speaking out against the 2nd amendment this is still funny.

8. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003
    What do you mean?

9. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

Dec 17, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    Free speech. I have no problem with ANYONE expressing their views. (and yes, first amendment comes into play).

10. GLJones

GLJones

May 16, 2000
    Orlando, Florida
    I don't have a problem with free speech. I have a problem with foreigners that come to this country for the opportunity and then complain about it and want to turn it into the hell-hole they came from. I use my free speech to refute them and ask my representatives to send them packing.

11. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Jun 22, 2007
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Simple, no-petition method to use here really... deport him from your television.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  12. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
    Attacking any part of the Constitution and Bill of Rights is treason I believe.

Who invited this idiot here? He didn't like Great Britain I guess, so now he want to make The US the same as Great Britain?

We ran the entire armed British army out of the country a couple of times. Should be easy to get rid of one jerk.

13. hotpig

hotpig IAFF Local 4766 CLM

That Petition has become a big joke. I wish it had not been started. Or maybe it was started by the other side to make us look like crazy idiots.

14. itstime

itstime

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    OK. I don't know this. Is he a citizen of the US, Britain, or both?

15. BADOS

BADOS

Oct 4, 2012
    Florida
    He claims he sides with Republican views. Says even though he can't vote, he thought Romney would have done a better job. Said it himself the other night on his show.

16. MSW

MSW

Oct 15, 2005
    USA
    I agree with the previous posters about the first amendment rights. Everyone, even foreigners, have the same rights in this country as natural born Americans. That's the law so we live with it.

If you don't like this guy, turn it off.

If you really don't like it, watch it and then email the companies that buy the ads and tell them you object to the content you, your family, your church won't be buying their products. - This is the most effective way to deal with a TV person you don't like.

When Bob Costas made his gun comments, I sent snail mail letters to the CEO's of the companies (Ford Trucks, Coca-Cola and a few others - get the CEO's name and address off the internet) that bought ads on the show and told them while I supported Costas' right of free speech, I didn't agree with it and I would not be buying their products because they choose to advertise on a show of someone I didn't care for. I noted that this was supposed to be a sports show and not a "talk" show. I told them it was the wrong forum for a comment like he made.

I got responses from everyone I wrote. Do I think I changed world policy? No but I'm willing to bet the letters got read and considered.

By even talking about the "petition to deport Morgan", we're giving air time to a guy whose ideas I don't support.

Think of it in these terms - the Hollywood celebs who come out with a new "cause" just when their career is dying or they're getting ready to release a new movie - they're doing the same thing. They're getting their name out there. Morgan benefits from our "deport Morgan petition" because it makes him appear a bigger person than he is.

If you ever watch Letterman, Leno, Conan - you'll see the starts who are out promoting their newest movie or cause. If the late night folks think someone is "newsworthy" they'll have them on. If not, then there is no place on the couch for them.

Let the network and the ad folks know you won't be watching the shows and won't be buying the products - this will get more attention than internet comments about what a jerk this guy is.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  17. jack76590

jack76590

Aug 15, 2004
    "Deport British Citizen Piers Morgan for Attacking 2nd Amendment"

It should read, "Deport British SUBJECT Piers Morgan...."

I mean the poor chap has always been a subject and has no concept of freedom.

18. ejs54

ejs54 Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Twin Cities Minnesota
    This house (mine) has already adopted the PMT ban and is enforcing it well.

PMT= Piers Morgan Tonight

19. JVMHGF

JVMHGF NRA Life Member

May 29, 2004
    ILL
    He should be deported for not having manners! He calls himself a Brit? They can take him back.