close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Whitaker's in Owensboro

Discussion in 'Bluegrass Glockers' started by rolltide_pisco, Mar 8, 2012.

1. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

Anyone here been there? I heard its a great selection with over 6,000 guns

2. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

It is a great place for gun lovers of all types. I live 90 minutes from there and it is often worth the extra drive. They have a great selection and keep a lot of guns in stock that other dealers might have to order. But if you are going after something specific, I would still recommend calling ahead to make sure they have what you are looking for before making a long drive. If you just enjoy browsing, it is good for several hours entertainment.

Since your avatar says you are from western Kentucky, i can assure you that you need to visit there at least once!

#2 Kentucky Shooter, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  3. Big Bird

Big Bird
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

Been there many times. Easily the biggest selection of guns in Kentucky. Bud's in Lexington doesn't even come close. But Bud's has a better online presence.

Bring cash...all prices are based on a 2% cash discount.

Its not really in Owensboro. Its about 10 miles east of Owensboro in a very small town called West Louisville. Besides Whittakers and the watering hole across the street there's about a dozen houses and that's it. Use a GPS if you have it.

4. spikehunter

spikehunter
    Expand Collapse

I usually make a day of a trip there. Hit the buffet at moonlight BBQ and then spend the afternoon looking at whittakers.

5. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

I plan later on down the road to take a trip there to buy a Taurus .38 revolver. They had one used but almost brand new for $319

#5 rolltide_pisco, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012