close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

While I'm waiting...

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by TKOFaith, Sep 26, 2011.

1. TKOFaith

TKOFaith The InTIMidator

Jul 6, 2011
    Western Wisconsin
    ...for Wisconsin's carry law to take effect, I'm trying to break in my CBST. While wearing it to work this morning I had a thought. I wondered if my cell phone would fit into the kydex. Well, it does. And to make matters even better, it sticks out just about the same distance as my G19. Of course, it's not "L" shaped, but it does work pretty nicely. Now, once the law takes effect, I'm going to have to find a new place for my cell phone!

2. DaverZ

DaverZ

Aug 12, 2006
    florida
    in november i believe,just hoping its recip with florida

3. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    I've got to read it again but I believe WI accepts all permits.

4. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    Aha! Found as much as they have right now. Seems a WI resident must have a WI permit to carry within the state. I believe that was a question a few threads ago. It seems your permit state must perform a background check similar to the NICS check for WI to accept the permit. That eliminates a handful of states that don't require the background check (AL comes to mind)

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/ConcealedCarry/ccw_frequently_asked_questions.pdf

5. TKOFaith

TKOFaith The InTIMidator

Jul 6, 2011
    Western Wisconsin
    Yep. November 1st the law takes effect. It is also the first day that the DOJ will begin accepting applications. The DOJ has 45 days to issue or deny permits to those who apply in November. I believe that after December 1 the DOJ only has 21 days to issue or deny. I will have my Utah permit by the middle of November, but won't be able to carry until I receive my Wisconsin permit.

Wisconsin WILL recognize Florida permits, as I understand it.