close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Which trigger?

Discussion in 'The Sig Sauer Club' started by Brad737, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Brad737

Brad737

May 30, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    Hi guys,
    I'm interested in getting a 226 in .357. My question is which trigger do you all prefer, the normal DA/SA, the DAK or SRT?
    Thanks,
    Brad

2. newer SiG P Series pistols I have tried (throughout the '00s new :D) have had very nice and smooth DA/SA trigger pulls...my brother tried the DAK and although it is smooth, he didn't like it as it is still a DAO type trigger preferring the DA/SA SiG trigger...I've never tried the SRT...some like it some don't...
    Bill

3. atl-g33

atl-g33 Lifetime Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    I love the SRT trigger in my 226. Amazingly short reset.

4. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

What are you currently shooting?

5. Brad737

Brad737

May 30, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    It's all over the place. Besides my USP Compact with LEM (duty weapon), I probably shoot my M&P 9L and Glocks the most. But I also shoot a Kahr PM-9, Beretta 96, and 1911.

6. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

You do have a wide variety of platforms. If you've never shot a DAK, you should definitely do so. They are not particularly popular and take some getting used to.

As for the SRT, that is simply a 60% reset distance reduction on DA/SA triggers. The safety and sear on the top are SRT replacement parts.

[​IMG]

7. Brad737

Brad737

May 30, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    Thanks for the info, Cobra. I would definitely like to try the DAK, but none of the ranges near me have ANY Sigs for rent, let alone a rarity like a DAK. Just for the sake of argument, if I get a DAK and hate it, is it a major ordeal to swap a DA/SA with SRT?
    Thanks,
    Brad

8. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

If memory serves, TopGunSupply sells conversion kits; if not a kit, they have the necessary parts. Give them a call. :)

9. Brad737

Brad737

May 30, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    Thanks, Cobra. I think the DAK will be sweet. I did quite a bit of reading today, and I'm sure I'll like it. So sure in fact, that I bought a P226 DAK from Twogunjay today. Can't wait to get it! :)

10. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

It takes some getting used too. There's a Sig armorer over on Sig Forum who swears by the DAK trigger and about a year ago he did an extensive write up on its characteristics.

11. Brad737

Brad737

May 30, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    Well, I shot my new-to-me P226 .40 today. I have to say, I liked the DAK trigger quite a bit. The SIG felt GREAT in my hands, cycled perfectly, and was very soft-shooting. Now to find a .357 barrel for it! :)

12. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Try TopGunSupply.com :)

13. Brad737

Brad737

May 30, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    Well, I've gotten a bit more familiar with my 226 DAK. I already have a Beretta 96 and HK USP Compact in .40, so I purchased a .357 Caliber X-Change kit for my pistol. For a defensive trigger, the DAK works great. And the .357 is a hoot! Street-proven ballistics, and a lot of pyrotechnics make it a fun round to shoot. Can you tell I like this pistol? :)

I still shoot my M&P 9L better than any handgun I own. But I've really come to prefer the feel of metal-frame semis. My 1911, Beretta, and SIG just fire so effortlessly. I totally understand all the SIG hype.

14. statistic6

statistic6

Apr 3, 2011
    San Antonio
    Not a fan of the DAK. Having said that, traditional DA/SA

15. Warhorse

Warhorse

Jun 19, 2004
    MI
    I really like the DAK on my 1st generation 229SAS.

My brother in-law is an MSP trooper detective and is issued the plain 229 DAK, and I find that trigger to be atrocious in my opinion.

16. steelvipersedg

steelvipersedg 10mm Rules!

Dec 21, 2007
    Central NY
    Love the DAK... I am also a SIG Armorer. The standard sig triggers always felt well cheezy to me dry fire one you get that annoying boy...oing. The DAK is solid and smooth. I too have a first edition SAS (226) I changed out the grips though... the wood ones were beautiful but too smooth and kept loosening up so I have the E2 grips now. love it. Love the DAK:wavey:

Forgot to add my duty gun is a P229 again with the DAK

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  17. Warhorse

Warhorse

Jun 19, 2004
    MI
    I also changed out the wood grips that came on my 229SAS 1st generation for being to fat in the hand.