close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Which suppressor? G5 or SPR/M4?

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by monkeykevin, Sep 22, 2011.

1. monkeykevin

monkeykevin

Aug 7, 2007
    Covington, WA
    Hey, I've just recently built a AR and now I'm on the sideline of deciding which suppressor to buy. Originally I was planning on the AAC SPR/M4 but now my dealer has a Gem-Tech G5 demo (EXCELLENT Condition) for sale @ $625.

In your opinion which would be a better buy? G5 demo can for $625 over the SPR/M4 @ $1125? Its obviously that the G5 is cheaper, but is it worth the money over a AAC?

My rig is:
    1.5-8x IOR 3moa dot w/ 5moa horse shoe ring
    18" WOA 1:7
    AAC MITER Flash Hider
    Adam Arms Mid-Piston
    Mega Arms Mono Upper/Lower

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  2. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    AAC > GemTech (by a long long way).

Inconel fully welded suppressors are expensive to manufacture and extremely durable. Coupled with dB reduction of the AAC I think it is a no brainer. The only thing I would consider is either going with an AAC M4-2000 or even an AAC 762SD for your platform.

3. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    I'd suggest taking a look at Griffin Armament. The few people I know that have handled their cans have been impressed, and their pricing is fantastic. I had an at-length email conversation with one of the owners, and he seemed to have a really good head on his shoulders when it came to design and manufacturing.

$650 for a QD suppressor INCLUDING the $200 tax for the Form 4 is a ridiculous price. They are also taking preorders for their M4SD II, as well. It will be 316L stainless for the body and 718 inconel baffles for under $800. I plan on adding an M4SD II to my SBR as soon as personal finances allow.