close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Which small .45, Glock or. XDM

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Filhar, Feb 17, 2013.

1. I bought an XDs in 45 ACP (9mm coming out soon). I can pocket carry it very well in a pocket holster. I like the lack of a manual safety. It has been very reliable, accurate and easy to shoot. The trigger is well done and has a very fast reset.

I think the XDs is the best small 45 ACP overall. I consider the Glock 36, but based on comments by some owners, I decided against it. I also considered the Kahr PM45 and it would have been fine too. All three were fine, but the Springfield just called out to me the most.

My current deep concealment gun is a Kahr PM9. It is not a 45 ACP, but it is also an excellent choice for a pocketable pistol.

Anyway, in a small 45 ACP, I really would go with the XDs, however, there are a few good choices out there.

2. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin JMB & MTK

May 13, 2008
    You need to see one in person and shoot if possible. It's as small as the current popular 9mms out there and it's holding 5 rounds of 45acp, 7 of 9mm when it hits the shelves.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. GIG4FUN

GIG4FUN

Jan 13, 2013
    USA
    I had weighed in on the XDM .45 3.8
    But - I just bought a new H&K .45c and it seems to be a bit more desirable for my use right now.
    I'll know more as time goes by...

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. eggie

eggie

Sep 21, 2005
    woods
    i had both, sold the 30sf bad move, should have kept the glock:crying:

5. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

Mar 31, 2004
    Indiana
    My XD45 has been fantastic. No issues at all, still very pleased with it.

6. jim goose

jim goose "The Goose"

Mar 12, 2011
    STL, MO.
    Those xds's are a nice package, hard to go wrong. A fullsize model with 8 rounds, would be a hit too.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  7. dwbG30SF

dwbG30SF Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Georgia
    For me it's a no-brainer, the G30SF hands down.

8. thesilverbullet

thesilverbullet

Dec 28, 2011
    DeepSouth
    thanks - so that's the mag release that looks like a safety

9. mtbinva

mtbinva

Jan 19, 2013
    Virginia
    + 1000

Super accurate. LOVE mine.

10. Noles26

Noles26 Made in Texas

Jul 21, 2010
    Central Texas
    I owned a XDS for 2 weeks. Not a comfortable gun for me to carry, the aggressive nature of the pistol tore into my slacks and knuckles any time I went into pocket.

So I sold it and went back to carrying my STI Shadow.

1911 in .45 is the ONLY .45 to have.

11. vetmedglock30

vetmedglock30

Jan 14, 2011
    SEC
    If you want to carry alot and shoot little take the Xdm. If you want a gun to shoot a lot and carry a lot pick the 30. The Xdm is a good gun. However, it's grip is to short and slim for my hand with multiple shots on multiple targets. Ymmv. The 30 tames the 45 recoil and fills my hand. Additionally , it would make a heck of a blunt force instrument . Loaded or empty. :)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  12. "Cold Dead Hands" !

"Cold Dead Hands" !

Feb 19, 2009
    XDMs 45 has a split-safety-trigger just like Glock's !
    Patent must have run out ?
    Feels good dry-firing it.
    If your use to Glock triggers, than this would be a good pick.
    Guys say its reliable, accurate and no muzzle flip.

G36 is lighter, feels better, and only a tad bigger.

G30 or the new G30s has the thin slide.
    10 big, bad ass rounds of .45 stopping power.
    In a ultra reliable package.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

13. nyrico

nyrico

Mar 3, 2013
    I was looking for both as well, the G30s or XDM. I have a Kimber Ultra CDP2 and was looking for something small with higher capacity in .45. Time for buying 10 round pistols is coming to, a hopefully brief, pause here in NY. Every lgs that I went to basically told me good luck finding an XDM or G30s, thats what brought me here to Glock Talk, researched the G30 and decided to broaden my search to include a G30sf, but, still no luck. I read on here that the Gen4 G30 is the same size frame as the G3 G30sf with no back straps installed and the next day I find a G4 G30, I held it and bought right away, my first Glock. Took it to the range this weekend and I am really happy with it, no regrets. Good luck with your search

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  14. dwbG30SF

dwbG30SF Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Georgia
    I've had my share of 1911's and loved them all, but I'm more about simplicity and functionality these days, and Glock fits that bill for me.

But hey, 1911's are beautiful handguns, and works of art.