Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Which round?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by floorburn_21, Sep 27, 2012.

1. floorburn_21

floorburn_21 .40 ftw

Feb 25, 2010
    Northern MN
  2. bmoore

Jan 15, 2006
    Under a regime.
    I would choose the 63 grain soft point, both should do the trick with a vitals hit.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012

3. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    The fusion bullet seems to hold up well and get good penetration. That would be my choice but I've never been a fan of the Sierra GK bullet.
  4. Airhasz

Feb 26, 2012
    Bad Axe
    Barnes TSX gets nothing but praise from hunters who use them. I just loaded a box of fifty .224, 70 grain Triple Shock Bullets with H-4895 per Barnes website for myself and my buddy for our annual November hunt.
  5. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    cogan station, pa, usa
    60g Nosler Part. works well.
  6. floorburn_21

floorburn_21 .40 ftw

Feb 25, 2010
    Northern MN
    Thanks guys. My problem is that I don't have the time to reload right now. I'm a county corrections officer and we're very short staffed so OT isn't an option, it's mandatory. That said I'm getting all my student credit cards and car paid off quickly, so I'm holding off on another upper and reloading equipment until I get out of debt. I can't find nosler or barnes bullets anywhere unless I reload which just isn't an option at this point.
  7. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    I can't find anything heavier than 62gr locally, want something in the 69-77gr range for the long range build I just out together.
  8. Barnes has their vortex line of ammo, several on line sources have it in stock.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  9. K. Foster

K. Foster

Feb 19, 2002
    Just get the heaviest soft point you can find. Winchester 64g power point should be readily available.