close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Which part of Revelation 18 does not fit USA?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Kozel, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Kozel

Kozel

Jan 16, 2007
    46.58N 121.75W
    Which part of Revelation 18 does not fit USA?

I cannot find it.

Posted same question on Christian forum. The only thing I got was “we do not kill saints”. Then I got banned from that forum.

Oh well. What about 60 millions + of unborn killed that did not sin. What were they killed for?

Oh yeah. I forgot, they are “fetuses” they are not people.

2. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Mar 22, 2004
    What part of it, absent twisting and "interpreting" the words, does fit it?
    Excellent point.

3. Kozel

Kozel

Jan 16, 2007
    46.58N 121.75W
    Each and every one.

4. Revelation 18 is more of an overall view of the politics and religion of the world.

Revelation 13 is a much better fit.

The symbolism of a beast is a nation. The symbolism of horns is related to power. The symbolism of the sea is related to the churning of politics within the kingdoms of the earth. The Lamb is of course symbolic of Jesus.

Revelation 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spoke as a dragon.

This beast or nation comes up out of the earth where there were no kingdoms unlike the other beasts which come up from the sea. The two horns like a Lamb represent civil and religious liberty. This liberty is then rescinded which is why it begins to speak like a dragon symbolizing the principles of the devil.

5. Animal Mother

Mar 22, 2004
    Here's where you'd offer evidence in support of your assertion. Why is it that people are constantly reading parallels to the current world situation into Revelation but none of the terrible consequences ever come to pass?

6. Tilley

Tilley Man of Steel

Mar 21, 2006
    USA
    Becausesome of the terrible consequences have yet to occur.

7. Tilley

Tilley Man of Steel

Mar 21, 2006
    USA
    Nice one Vic. I'd have bet money you would have thrown the Catholic Church under the bus here.:wavey:

8. NMG26

NMG26

Jul 24, 2010
    NM
    So Bible believers become America haters through the doctrine of the love of God.

America is evil and this world is not our home.

The philosophy of the world being evil is the worst part of the Christian religious mindset. It encourages hatred of this world, other religious groups (Catholicism), and all humanity all under the guise of the love of God.

God hates us.

Christians will never know true liberty under such an enslaving, cruel, domineering doctrine of self hate. When you hate this world, you hate yourself.

9. Animal Mother

Mar 22, 2004
    That seems odd, considering they've been imminent for the last 2000 years. Which of these passages which are today seen as fitting the US haven't been equally valid with regard to past nations over that time period? Do they fit the US today better than the England of the 19th century or the Portugal of the 17th?

10. Revelation 18 means Saddam Hussein will be routed after his invasion of Kuwait.

11. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    No one is saying that we hate the United States. It is simply a prophecy about what it is going to become. It is going to go from a land of freedom to opression. The United States has had very Christian principles like the First Amendment. Once that is put aside, it will fail to be a land of freedom.

12. Except for Jesus coming back, everything written in Revelations had happened by the time it was canonized. Since Jesus is 1900 years late and we haven't heard anything from him lately, it's highly unlikely he's coming back.

13. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    Check!

<-- Operation Desert Shield/Storm

14. The Catholic Church is quite capable of throwing herself under the bus.

Since the Catholic Church works in cahoots with and manipulates the political systems she is indeed also accountable.

Religion mixed with politics is a form of idolatry and is seen by God as fornication. Those that engage in this will be judged.

Revelation 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying to me, Come here; I will show to you the judgment of the great whore that sits on many waters:
    17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication
    , and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

However, that is ancient history. the alliance that we must battle in out time is the Image to the Beast set up by the two horned beast of Revelation 13.

Revelation 13:14 And deceives them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
    13:15 And he had power to give life to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Speak and cause are legal terms relating to making and enforcing laws.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  15. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 Glockoholic

I remember reading of Dimitru Dudaman and an angel of the Lord told him Rev. 18 and Jeremiah 51 were about the United States. Fits like a glove!

16. Revelation 18:2 And he cried with a mighty voice, saying, Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great, and is become a habitation of demons, and a hold of every unclean spirit, and a hold of every unclean and hateful bird.
    18:3 For by the wine of the wrath of her fornication all the nations are fallen; and the kings of the earth committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth waxed rich by the power of her wantonness.
    18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come forth, my people, out of her, that ye have no fellowship with her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues:

Are you going to come out of her? Where will you go?

The cage of unclean birds is in reference to false doctrines that people prefer to the Truth.

Jeremiah 5:27 As a cage is full of birds, so are their houses full of deceit: therefore they are become great, and waxen rich.
    5:28 They are waxen fat, they shine: yes, they overpass the deeds of the wicked: they judge not the cause, the cause of the fatherless, yet they prosper; and the right of the needy do they not judge.

17. Perhaps I was not clear. If Revelation 18 is about the United States being Babylon and God is calling His faithful out of Babylon then what country is God calling you to?

Revelation 18 does not fit the United States at all although the US could be one of the nations that are committing spiritual fornication with Babylon the Great.

Revelation 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
    18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues.

18. Kozel

Kozel

Jan 16, 2007
    46.58N 121.75W
    Sounds like USA in every word.

Every nation drank from sewer pipe of holywood and all merchants of the world got USDs to become rich.

The &#8220;come out&#8221; part sounds like &#8220;raptura&#8221; in Latin or &#8220;cut up&#8221; in English.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  19. The US is a nation. All nations have drunk from Babylon's cup and are in rebellion against God. Babylon is not a nation. The name Babylon means confusion and in this context means spiritual confusion.

20. Kozel

Kozel

Jan 16, 2007
    46.58N 121.75W
    Must be very confusing for the rest of the world to see the great &#8220;christian&#8221; nation spilling filth from Hollywood pipe, killing tens of millions of unborn and funding the same all over the world, pushing sodomite rights, starting wars with everybody who does not want to sell oil in USDs or bananas at set prices.
    At the same time sending missionaries all over the world.

I would be very confused if I was outside of US and not brainwashed into believing that US is &#8220;force for good&#8221; everywhere.