close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

which p30

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by kave, Oct 14, 2012.

1. kave

kave

Dec 12, 2011
    east tn
    need help. new to hk but have decided on a p30. wanting p30 in 9mm, da/sa, with decocker, no safety. which variant am i looking for. thanks

2. sourdough44

sourdough44

Jul 23, 2007
    WI
  3. The Retired Sarge

The Retired Sarge "The Sarge"

Feb 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    LEM is fine if you like it but it is not for every one and not for me. I am a long time traditional DA/SA shooter and I use that system for every application. Bill

4. itstime

itstime

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    LEM is ok but I prefer SA/DA. LEM is too long for my liking.

5. barth

barth six barrels

Oct 7, 2011
    The Free Zone
    It's not just the variant you need to be concerned with.
    You want a P30 9mm V3, but make sure it's not a P30S V3

M730903-A5…P30 9 mm (V3) DA/SA, ambidextrous decocking button, with two 15 round magazines…$1,054.00

Don't get the P30S, if you don't want a safety!

V3 is DA/SA variant and can be had with, and without, a safety.
    The 'S' stands for Safety.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    It's no longer than the DA pull, right? At least with LEM you have consistency. Few people really practice in DA mode.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  7. I have the SA/DA (P30S) and at first I thought I wanted the LEM version. The P30S had all the features I liked so I chose what worked for me. Try both if you can and see how you like the controls or lack thereof. The trigger pull is not too bad in DA just have to preactice if you are going to take that first shot in DA. I highly recommend you try both versions if you can and get a feel for each. Good luck!

8. batward1

batward1

Sep 2, 2012
    N. IL
    I have a P30LS, 40 S&W. I really love it, fits my hand great.
    I also like the SA/DA setup.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  9. deeHKman

deeHKman "It Is Written"

Aug 13, 2010
    SC
    I agree all my HK's are TDA with safeties as my first USP many year's back. My first shot i simply use a press out and it's just how i like mine. Plus can carry condition one if i ever choose to. I see why so many carry a 1911 that way!! I have done some testing drawing and it's fast even for a rookie...spend time and i know it would be a superd carry method!!

The target below was ~21ft shooting Fed. 9mm BPLE. I was in the wood's across from my house shooting at a medium speed,
    [​IMG]

I carry my P30s some but my HK45c the most. Same distance above but faster as a storm was coming. GoldDot's 230gr. The first high shot was my press out...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012