close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Which one to get?

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by time_xx, Nov 28, 2011.

1. time_xx

time_xx NRA life member

Dec 30, 2009
    Minnesota
    I have a 20sf and love it. A little big for me to carry however. So, should I get myself a 29sf to carry or wait for the Gen 4 29 to come out????

Let the opinions fly.....

2. twisted1

twisted1 head busta

Nov 20, 2011
    louisiana

3. awdxtc

awdxtc

Jul 8, 2011
    PA
    What he said.

4. BWT

BWT

Apr 27, 2010
    USA
    I don't see how you could go wrong with the 29SF. I have the 30SF and it's a great size. I don't see the gen 4 having anything worth waiting for.

5. ColGlocker

ColGlocker

Sep 25, 2011
    When is the Gen 4 coming out? Tomorrow, next week, next month, next year??? Based on recent Glock history, it would not be unlikely for the Gen4 to have issues, which will take a while to fix.

Just my $0.02 worth, ymmv.

6. 21Carrier

21Carrier Until I Gota 29

Feb 4, 2011
    Hoover, AL
    I am sure the Gen4 G29 will be fine. I doubt Glock will repeat the 9mm fiasco, and the 10mm has more than enough recoil impulse. That being said, buy a Gen3 G29SF. Don't even give it another thought. I can almost guarantee that you will be waiting over a year. Think about it. The Gen4 G26/27 have been out for over a year (maybe two) now, yet the G33 is still not out. The Gen4 G21 has been out for 6+ months, yet the G20 is nowhere to be found. The Gen4 G30 will no doubt precede the G29, but it's still nowhere on the horizon. Stop waiting, start shooting.