close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Which of these semi-customs would YOU buy?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by ajgranda, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Hey everyone,

Still waiting on my Wilson 5" CQB (6-8 more weeks). Anyway, I'm already thinking of my next 1911 (Spring '11). Definitely looking for a 4-4.25" bobtailed commander. I really don't have a preference on barrels (bushing vs bull). My choices are down to WC Professional Bobtail, EB Executive Carry or SF Carry, NHC Talon 2 Bobtail and NHC Predator 2 Bobtail. Of these choices, which would you choose and why? Thanks for your advice.

2. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    i chose the Brown.
    i was also looking at the Professional bobtail, but comparing the 2, the Brown felt smoother, had a better trigger, and i like the GenIII better than the Armor Tuff coating.
    The Professional was also ~$400 more than Brown, which i could not justify the extra cost for a gun that wasn't (IMO) as nice.

3. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

Dec 30, 2007
    Tennessee
    Of those listed......I like the Wilson Professional. I have a couple Professional Bobtails (one in .38 Super and a Supergrade .45) and they are a solid build. Just out of curiosity, have you looked at the Guncrafter No Name Commander Bobtail? I would put it right up there or above all of the pistols mentioned.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  4. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    I'd say Brown EC...or you may want to also consider something unique. Guncrafter No Name commander bobtail. Alex will build it however you want it and I can't say I've seen anything but 5", except for Joe's commander HC roundbooty. :supergrin:

Just read Dave's post after I typed this. :rofl:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  5. GVFlyer

GVFlyer Senior Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Somewhere in the air.
    I'd chose the Ed Brown Kobra Carry. It's distinctive checkering is unique, makes it look like a custom and Ed brown invented the Bob-Tail (Nighthawk uses them).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  6. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

Actually none of whats listed.. not a single one really makes me want one..

7. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    so a Kimber Super Carry for you :tongueout:

8. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

Nah either a GC NN or a Springfield Pro.. or mebbe even a Baer SRP.. those I really like..

9. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    did you read the OP's post? he's looking for a commander size bobtail.

10. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

I did.. which is why I said I would not buy any of em..

11. I went with the Professional although my next one is going to be either a GC NN or EB KC.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    that was helpful then :dunno:

13. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

Wasn't tryin to be helpful either.. just snarky.. too many hrs in a classroom with tree huggers will do that to ya..

14. Thanks for your responses so far. I've read about the "No Name" but never really considered it for some reason. Maybe because it's a small shop and a new model. The "No Name" Bobtailed Commander looks like a possibility though. I like its no frills look along with the Melonite finish and serrations on top of the slide. It's priced just above an EB EC, less than any of the Bobtailed Nighthawks and about the same as the Wilson Combat Professional.:dunno:

15. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

Dec 30, 2007
    Tennessee
    The NN can be had for less than a Wilson Pro. It really is worth a look. It is a superb pistol for the money.

16. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Hey Dave...has Alex done any other commanders aside from Joe's? I've never seen one, much less a bobtail.

17. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    If I had to pick out of that list it would be the EB EC.

18. Tactical black

Tactical black

Jan 24, 2008
    Florida
    I would choose either of the Ed Brown EC or SF Carry