close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Which of these AKs should I buy?

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by Greywolf, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Greywolf

Greywolf

Oct 4, 2002
    Want to get an AK in 7.62x39 - already have a very nice stamped one made by Gunplumber in 5.45x39

I have the opportunity to buy a very lightly used Arsenal SA M7 for $1200 locally. But I have also seen the new Arsenal Saiga SGL21 rifles for $740 shipped.

So, I assume the SA M7 will weigh more due to it being milled. But other than the weight, is there a huge difference in accuracy, trigger feel/pull, etc. between the two? I mean, is there really a $460 difference?

2. Reswob

Reswob

Mar 8, 2009
    VA
    Milled offers no advantage over stamped. Get the SGL.

3. Greywolf

Greywolf

Oct 4, 2002
    Sort of what I was wondering - plus the SGL comes with a warranty, is brand new, is about a 1/2 pound lighter, I think, and has a muzzle break.

The extra $460 saved could be spent on ammo, etc.

4. Tailhunter

Tailhunter Glockman

Dec 25, 2007
    NC/VA State Line
    Great thinking ....

5. ZekerMan

ZekerMan ZekerMan

Feb 21, 2010
    Kansas
  6. tx787

tx787

Feb 11, 2010
    Stamped is just as good as milled. The advantages offered by milled are minimal at best, ask yourself how could a milled receiver possibly affect the trigger that's a separate component entirely.

7. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

Oct 20, 2009
    Eastern NC
    get the SGL with the plumb furniture/side folding full stock. Those make me drool.