Which of the "slim" compact carry guns.....

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by AGAF, Feb 10, 2014.

1. AGAF

AGAF On a Journey

do you prefer and why? I'm looking at adding one of the newer "slim" compact pistols to my collection. When I say "slim", I mean less than 1" thick in width. I would be open to both 9mm and .380 acp. Most of all, I care about shootability. Wouldn't want to shoot a 9mm in a super compact, lightweight set up if it is not controllable. This will be primarily for CCW.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Glock 43 9mm Sub-Compact Slimline Pistol Sponsor Showcase Jun 4, 2015
    Muslim refugee riots ignored in U.S. media blackout Political Issues Thursday at 6:44 AM
    Why do moderates in Muslim world remain silent? Political Issues Sunday at 2:04 PM
    Statistics Show White Supremacy is a Bigger Threat to the U.S. Than Radical Muslims Political Issues Sunday at 12:11 PM
    UK: Muslim Family Converts to Christianity and Suffers the Consequences Religious Issues Sunday at 9:56 AM

3. Try a SIG Sauer P938, with the Hogue wrap around rubber grip.

4. Gregg702

Gold Member

I agree with the gun, but the grip is unnessesary to make the gun easily controlable, as it is fine with any of the grips. The extended 7 round mag helps a lot more though.
  5. eaglefrq

eaglefrq NRA Member

Nice looking gun, but I can't justify it for the price. I know it's a Sig, but it's almost double the price of a Shield. With the extended magazine, it's basically the same size as the Shield with the flush magazine.
    #4 eaglefrq, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  6. M&P Shield.
  7. I love my M&P Shield...
  8. Walther PPS 9mm .
  9. The M&P Shield is the best shooter. I like it better than the LCP, buthands down the LCP is the easiest to conceal, but not shoot.
    #8 GaGlock01, Feb 10, 2014
  10. L Pete

Kahr CM9/PM9
  11. As a carry ! you can't beat the Glock G-26 or 27. but it depends on the caliber of your choice. 9mm. 40 Smith.
    I have both and carry either from my Don Hume ISW holster.
  12. The new Glock 42 is small, light weight, thin and very accurate. It's 3/4 inch longer than the Ruger LCP (bottom left).

Any of these are a inch wide or less, except the top three, Glock 26/33, Beretta PX4 sub compact, top middle and the CZ RAMI, top right.

#12 M2 Carbine, Feb 10, 2014
  13. I own 2 of the old Covert models for a reason. Accurate and reliable. Recoil can be felt but it ain't bad.
  14. Fenris Wolf

Fenris Wolf Blue Blazer

Walther PPS.
  15. As a person who use to hate smiths I must say this is the best pistol in the small range, credit where credit due.
  16. Bersa BP9cc. Uncluttered design, great grip ergos, great trigger with a super short reset, common sight design, tennifer treated slide & barrel, cool OD green color, lifetime service contract all for under $400. This is my second ss nine and had I handled one first I would have purchased the Bersa as opposed to the other model.
  17. That is a nice pistol. Its was also the one that basically started the recent craze towards thin autos again.
  18. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA

After doing a lot of reading and handling multiple other guns, I decided to get a PM9. I think I made the correct decision.

Can I shoot it as well as my G19? no.
    Can I shoot it well enough for a micro-CCW? yes.
  19. I was going to recommend the 938. I know it cost a bit more but it's a great gun. Factory night sights and as accurate as guns 2-3x it's size. 6+1 rounds of 9mm in a package the size of most wallets. A lot thinner and more compact than the other models mentioned also. I included a pic of mine next to my XDs for comparison.

20. This (mine is a CM9). I'll admit I'm not nearly as accurate with it as with my G26, but sometimes the dress just doesn't allow that to be truly, completely concealed. I don't think there is a gun out there that most of us can shoot as accurately as a 26/19.