Which of the "slim" compact carry guns.....

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by AGAF, Feb 10, 2014.

1. AGAF

AGAF On a Journey

do you prefer and why? I'm looking at adding one of the newer "slim" compact pistols to my collection. When I say "slim", I mean less than 1" thick in width. I would be open to both 9mm and .380 acp. Most of all, I care about shootability. Wouldn't want to shoot a 9mm in a super compact, lightweight set up if it is not controllable. This will be primarily for CCW.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

3. Try a SIG Sauer P938, with the Hogue wrap around rubber grip.

4. Gregg702

Gold Member

I agree with the gun, but the grip is unnessesary to make the gun easily controlable, as it is fine with any of the grips. The extended 7 round mag helps a lot more though.

5. eaglefrq

eaglefrq NRA Member

Nice looking gun, but I can't justify it for the price. I know it's a Sig, but it's almost double the price of a Shield. With the extended magazine, it's basically the same size as the Shield with the flush magazine.

#4 eaglefrq, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  6. M&P Shield.

7. I love my M&P Shield...

8. Walther PPS 9mm .

9. The M&P Shield is the best shooter. I like it better than the LCP, buthands down the LCP is the easiest to conceal, but not shoot.

#8 GaGlock01, Feb 10, 2014
  10. Kahr CM9/PM9

11. As a carry ! you can't beat the Glock G-26 or 27. but it depends on the caliber of your choice. 9mm. 40 Smith.
    I have both and carry either from my Don Hume ISW holster.
    ghr1142

12. The new Glock 42 is small, light weight, thin and very accurate. It's 3/4 inch longer than the Ruger LCP (bottom left).

Any of these are a inch wide or less, except the top three, Glock 26/33, Beretta PX4 sub compact, top middle and the CZ RAMI, top right.

[​IMG]

#12 M2 Carbine, Feb 10, 2014
  13. I own 2 of the old Covert models for a reason. Accurate and reliable. Recoil can be felt but it ain't bad.

14. Fenris Wolf

Fenris Wolf Blue Blazer

Walther PPS.

15. As a person who use to hate smiths I must say this is the best pistol in the small range, credit where credit due.

16. Bersa BP9cc. Uncluttered design, great grip ergos, great trigger with a super short reset, common sight design, tennifer treated slide & barrel, cool OD green color, lifetime service contract all for under $400. This is my second ss nine and had I handled one first I would have purchased the Bersa as opposed to the other model.

17. That is a nice pistol. Its was also the one that basically started the recent craze towards thin autos again.

18. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA
    CLM

After doing a lot of reading and handling multiple other guns, I decided to get a PM9. I think I made the correct decision.

Can I shoot it as well as my G19? no.
    Can I shoot it well enough for a micro-CCW? yes.

19. I was going to recommend the 938. I know it cost a bit more but it's a great gun. Factory night sights and as accurate as guns 2-3x it's size. 6+1 rounds of 9mm in a package the size of most wallets. A lot thinner and more compact than the other models mentioned also. I included a pic of mine next to my XDs for comparison.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. This (mine is a CM9). I'll admit I'm not nearly as accurate with it as with my G26, but sometimes the dress just doesn't allow that to be truly, completely concealed. I don't think there is a gun out there that most of us can shoot as accurately as a 26/19.