Which new tactical shotgun?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by ncvarmint, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Hello all,
    I am wanting to buy a tactical shotgun for the house and to take on the atv when i am out in the woods. I am going to leave it stock.
    1) Weatherby PA-08 TR for $358otd http://www.weatherby.com/product/shotguns/pump_tr/pa08_tr
    2) remington 870 tactical for $470 otd

Is there a reason why i should pick the remington over the weatherby?
    thanks guys
    trevor

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    New to Self-Defense/Tactical Shotguns: What Do You Recommend? Tactical Shotguns Jul 22, 2015
    Benelli M2 Tactical Semi-Auto 12 Gauge Shotgun Tactical Shotguns Jun 1, 2015
    Would a tactical shotgun be a liability in court? Tactical Shotguns Apr 19, 2015
    Adaptive Tactical mag fed shotgun conversion kits Tactical Shotguns Feb 23, 2015
    Semi auto shotgun in MN "tactical type" Wanted To Buy Jan 25, 2015

3. I'd choose the 870 for two reasons:

1) The 870 has a long history of being one of the best shotguns in real world duty use both law enforcement and military.
    2) The 870 comes with ghost ring sights which would be worth the difference in price to me.

4. 590a1!

But out of the 2 you picked....the 870 all day long!
    Why?,....been around forever, a long track record that is good to go used by the mil and police all over!

#3 Lugi, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  5. The Mossy 590 is a close second choice but Remington 870 is THE shotgun all others are measured against... and for good reason its the best! ;)

[​IMG]

CW

#4 Cwlongshot, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  6. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

I'd pick a 870P for just a few bucks more. The tactical is just an Express model. Me and Express models haven't gotten along well in the past. 870P and Wingmasters are just fine.

7. IMO Ghost ring sights suck on shotguns. If you need a sight like that on a shotgun you don't know how to shoot a shotty.

That said of those two 870 all day every day. If you're gonna leave it with the standard style stock a Mossberg 590-A1 is a stellar shotgun as well but the safety location makes them a bit awkward with a pistol grip stock.

8. Any of the common guns will do. I personally prefer the 870 over the Mossberg but that's just me.

My favorite is my Winchester Defender though.

9. glockman99

Millennium Member

Remington 870...End of quest.

10. #9 dudehacker, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  11. I'd choose the 870.

12. Buffering

Buffering The Cooler

Stop using the word "tactical" in your question if for no other reason than it makes me happy.

Please tell me what a tactical shotgun is so I can better assist you. And while you struggle to define one, therein lies my point.

13. Remmy or Benelli for me.

14. I LOVE my Remington 870 Tactical. I've got it all Magpulled up too. Looks scary just sitting still. :) I know it can rock

15. F_G

F_G

I've shot one of the Weatherby's and it is a solid gun. But, I don't know how parts would be to get, adding a mag extension (not really needed, but) if you were so inclined might be tricky to find.

Personally, I would go for the 870, been around forever, as reliable as a John Deere, any aftermarket accessory you can think of.

And I like ghost ring sights, not necessary for 99.9% of home defense work and ranges, but if I need to put slugs on target at 100 yards I know I can do it.

16. 870. It's a simple decision really. Millions of bolt on parts to meet your wildest tacticool dreams.

17. Buzzo

does mossberg still make the spx 930? Ive been wanting one of those for a while

18. SGT45

Silver Member

Benelli or the AIP.

19. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

NO Worries

20. sdsnet

sdsnet NRA Member
    CLM

#19 sdsnet, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  21. Remington 870 is my choice.