Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Which Mobile 1 to use?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Halojumper, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Halojumper

Mar 18, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    Since everybody is always raving about it, I decided to look into using Mobile 1 for my AR. I stopped by the PX and they have several different weights. What weight is best for an AR?
  2. glock22357

glock22357 Got Ammo???

Mar 1, 2004
    Benton Harbor, MI
    Doesn't really matter. I use 5W20 because it's what my car takes.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2010

3. Halojumper

Mar 18, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    Thanks, I kind of figured it wouldn't matter and I won't be out shooting when it's really cold so there's no advantage (that I know of) of the lighter weight ones.
  4. glock22357

glock22357 Got Ammo???

Mar 1, 2004
    Benton Harbor, MI
    If you're going to actually buy a quart of oil, then skip the Mobil 1 and get Royal Purple, it's slightly better for another few dollars or so. And since a quart should last a life time, it's no big deal.

And definitely use it in your vehicle(s).:supergrin:

MAJINKONG Sr. Member

Dec 24, 2002
    Free Flood
    I use Birchwood Casey with teflon gun oil on my BCG when i dont use it... I use Mobil1 Fully Synthetic Motor Oil (5w40) whenever i fire it.
  6. rjrivero

Apr 23, 2009
    I use Mobil 1 transmission fluid mixed with some STP oil treatment to thicken it up a bit. Grant Cunningham says it much more eloquently than I. LINK HERE.
  7. Constructor

Constructor Moderator

Dec 10, 2009
    You want it thick enough so it doesn't evaporate like the thin gun oils do but you don't want it so thick it collects dirt or grit. 5W mobil 1 works well, some mix a little atf with it.
  8. TedG

TedG Infidel USA

I'm using Mobil 1 in 0-20w.
  9. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

If you are racing, you can get away with using 0 weight or 5 weight oil, but you have to change it out every race day at minimum. I actually went up to 20W50 once and while I lost some horsepower, the engine came out after 1 hard year of racing with no noticeable wear, which is more than I can say with the other weights.
  10. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    Leave the car oil in the car, and use Slip 2000.
  11. Amen Brother. The only lubes I use is Slip, Militec, and M-Pro7 LPX.
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  12. WhiskeyUnicorn

WhiskeyUnicorn Mall Ninja Extraordinaire

Nov 13, 2010
    Savannah, GA
    Mobil 1 works just as good o.o fanboys :D (Is a fanboy too...Magpul!) To each their own I say. If it works for you use it! I use a Mobil 1/Lucas Mix. It keeps the oil thick but not too thick. 10w40 with lucas stabilizer...scwhing
  13. I too use what I put in my car. 15w50
  14. scottydl

May 31, 2005
    The Middle
    I've got 10W-30 Mobil1 (actually the Extended Performance variety) in my garage... bonus! The stuff is awesome in cars, lasts 15,000 miles or 1 year (whichever comes first) and been using it for years.

Do you all put the stuff in some kind of squirt bottle first, or just dab it on in various spots?