Which manuals have most GAP data?

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by ADK_40GLKr, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Anyone have a favorite reloading manual with a wide variety of GAP powders and bullets? I have the Lyman 49th Ed., but it often is missing the specific powder or bullet I want to work with.

Of course working up a load from scratch is fun, but not so convenient. :fred:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Reloading Manuals and Pressure Data Reloading Sep 28, 2013
    How the hell is loading data so different between manuals? Reloading Jan 5, 2012
    WTB: Glock Gen1 Manuals Wanted To Buy Jul 14, 2015
    Favorite older reloading manuals? Reloading May 13, 2015
    Safe clean-out. New, used, custom, productions, manuals, and automatics. Edged Weapons & Related Items Jun 24, 2014

3. I have Hornady and Sierra manuals... and neither have GAP load data. I usually just use the data posted on Hodgdons website, or back off 1/2 to 1 full grain from my 45Auto load data and work up from there. I find my GAP loads seem to work well about .2-.4 grains below Auto data for faster powders, and maybe .5 grain for the "slower" powders like Universal or Unique.

4. Sounds like about 10% less than ACP is a good starting point for GAP?

5. The Speer manual I have has GAP data, and so does the online version of Accurate. However, the projectile choices are going to be limited.

6. fasteddie565

fasteddie565 Combat Diver

I find mine in various places. The best source I have found is the websites of the powder manufacturers. I have several in my evernote (Winchester and Hodgons, a few more), I need to .pdf them and place them in the reloading section. I also get some from reloading websites. Make a donation and gain access to their data. The Lyman manual has GAP data.

#5 fasteddie565, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  7. GIockGuy24

GIockGuy24 Bring M&M's

http://www.speer-bullets.com/pdf/45GAP Tech Brief_150dpi.pdf

I find that the 185 grain Gold Dot expands much better than the 200 grain Gold Dot. 230 grain bullets build pressure quickly in the short case and loads for them become extremely touchy. The lighter weight bullets are much safer to load.

#6 GIockGuy24, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  8. The free Alliant manual has some, so does Lyman. Not sure who has the most.

9. Thanks, dudel! DL'd the Alliant manual. Looks interesting.

I have the Lyman 49th Ed., but it didn't have the info I needed.

Is that a 318i in your avatar?