Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

which mag exten? ATI or Tactstar

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by win, Aug 25, 2010.

1. win

Jun 30, 2001
    Oakley, ks
    What is a good mag extention for my 870? A ATI or a Tactstar?
    thanks for the help
  2. aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    I should not respond as I can't remend either, however you said 870 and since that is the weapon my business is based on I can tell the best value for an extension for an 870 if you are looking for a 2 shot is the Wilson Combat. They sell anywhere for $45, great spring, true combat follower and you can get them without a sling plate or several different styles of sling plates for the exact same price. I have them on all my 870.

If you are going for more then 2 rounds I don't know which extension would be best but I would not have either of the two you mentioned.

3. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    Same. I would not give an ATI product away free to someone. They are junk.

Tacstar is a little better, but not much compared to quality stuff available.

Wilson Combat, Mesa Tactical and a few others are worth your time. Those two brands are not.
  4. I have an ATI on my 870. They are said to be junk. What can I say, works fine. Yeah, it is made of plastic-They call it "nearly indestructible glass filled nylon" I have run a few hundred rounds through it and haven't had a hint of a problem. The only hard part was dremmeling out those darn dimples.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  5. blaster_54738

Jul 24, 2007
    i had an tacstar on my 870 and it worked. when i got my benelli i went straight for nordic components. quality seems way better so i would nordic or wilson
  6. Mr Wasabi

Mr Wasabi Sushi Nazi

Mar 8, 2008
    Lutz, FL
    I'm eyeblling the Wilson +2 for my 18" 870P myself if I can find one without a sling mount (just plain extension). Will it be sturdy enough without the bracket to support a weaponlight (flashlight) mounted on it? I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a MOD-C so will that help to keep things secure? I haven't heard good things about the ATI stuff either.
  7. Get the Wilson.

I had a TacStar extension and the tube split from the mounting collar at the range.
  8. bsg1

Aug 31, 2009
    Southern California
    the Wilson extension is high quality and reasonably priced.
  9. win

Jun 30, 2001
    Oakley, ks
    are Choate Magazine Ext any good?
  10. AK74play

Jun 26, 2010
    I run Choate on all of mine,12ga & 20ga and they are quality parts. Never a single issue and cost is I'll say reasonable for the product. I personally would run Wilson if I were going into the jungle to do battle, but like I said I will certainly trust my and my families lives to the Choates I run. Just my opinion but I really dont think that is the place for any magical plactic part. Everyone I have ever seen with Tacstars have had several fit and function .02
  11. Jon Christopher

Jon Christopher

Dec 30, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  12. win

Jun 30, 2001
    Oakley, ks
    I like the looks of the wilson too. I will have to get one.
    One last question I stumbled apon some remington factory +2 extentions. How make them for remington and should they be good. They where $5 higher than the wilson.
    thanks again
  13. bsg1

Aug 31, 2009
    Southern California
    the wilson is parkerized and as far as aesthetics.... matches my 870P just fine.

i am not any sort of expert on aftermarket parts for shotguns. in the past i kept them stock. aippi assisted me with recommendations for the extension and i'm very happy with the end result.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010