Which lubricant do you use?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Stupid, Sep 29, 2012.

1. I do...and I can't understand the lack of apparent lack of use by people here. I've tried lots of different lube/protectants and WS is my go to. I guess it isn't the flavor of the month these days though.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED!
    Silver Member Millennium Member
    1. Project Mayhem

Whatever I happen to lay hands on.
    Mostly Breakfree LP, and Rigg grease, though I have a ton of other stuff.

3. Tango 1Zero

Millennium Member

4. barth

barth six barrels

I was a Militec-1 guy.
    But switched to non-toxic Ballistol.
    [​IMG]

#66 barth, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  5. I'm hardly picky about the type of lube I use in my Glocks.. For my 1911 on the other hand it gets the Brian Enos Slide Glide lite for the slide and whatever oil for the small rotating parts.

6. fallenangelhim

fallenangelhim come get some

KY

Sent from my Android

7. I have always been a militec guy, but now I want to try Ballistol, I like the non toxic part.

Also, Ezzox for long term storage is great.

8. I treat all my pistols with Eezox then use Gun Butter on the rails. I used to have a Nano that I treated with Eezox and the difference was amazing. So much smoother when you rack the slide. It was a huge improvement.

9. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mil-Comm TW25b and Break Free CLP.

10. EEZOX stinks. If you read the label, it actually says you are supposed to use it in a fume hood.

11. i like the mpro7 products. non- toxic and effective.
    for lubericating my sigs i use the millcomm tw25 grease.

12. Frog Lube and ain't looked back!

13. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

14. Cole125

Silver Member

Break Free CLP is all I use. Works great, Hoppes #9 to clean.

15. Lately I've been using WeaponShield as both a cleaner/lube. It seems to work well. For slide rails and contact points I use a little grease - either WS, Militec, or TetraGun - whatever my hand picks up. No preference in the grease. I've used EEZOX in the past. I like it, but a got the WS with real good deal for a 16oz container. It's enough to last me a couple of years. No reason to further experiment until I run out.

#79 FL-obiwan, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  16. WS has a lot going for it. It's been years since it or its predecessor have been given much attention but there was a time when it was extremely popular, and with good reason. As a lube, in tests it performs extremely well. For protection, I did my own tests years ago with its predecessor, the old FP-10 (not the current formulation being made today) and it was phenomenal. It has no sovent in it and is pretty much non-toxic (although I wouldn't recommend ingesting it in any way) and yet it works well as a cleaner (I usually start with MPro-7 or Hoppe's non-toxic solvent and finish with WS). It even smells good.

As for Eezox, it too performed phenomenally in my rust test (extremely well). But in my past research efforts, it reportedly did not perform well as a lube, is toxic, smells horrible and even leaves some question as to whether or not its formulation is that which is extremely protective against corrosion, yet could actually cause micro-fissures in metal...I forget the details and am not going to look again for them(anyone can do that for themselves). As a protectant, I'm sort of on the fence with Eezox. As a lube, I know there is much better out there.

As for the WS grease, I've been using that lately and like it a lot better than Shooter's Choice which seems to dry out like old toothpaste if you leave it on there for too long without use. WS grease is less thick and performs extremely well. I usually apply it and WS oil, both on the rails.