Which lubricant do you use?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Stupid, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Which gun lubricant do you use? I am looking for one that's non-toxic and anti-corrosion.

I have been using BreakFree CLP for cleaning and then LP for preservation.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Irish Lubricant The Lighter Side Aug 24, 2015
    Gun Cleaner & Lubricant Recommendations? Gunsmithing Jul 21, 2015
    Royal Lubricant Inc. CLP from 1991 Gunsmithing May 2, 2015
    Little help about finding a lubricant test posted in GT The Okie Corral Apr 12, 2015
    Press lubricant- what do you use? What press do you own? Reloading Mar 29, 2015

3. Mil-Comm TW25b for handgun slide and frame rails, as well as the cocking mechanism on my P7. SLiP 2000 Gun Lube for everything else on handguns, and S2K EWL on my AR.

4. i use Wilson Combat Ulitma lube II on my firearms.......

excellent oil and it smells good too :)
  5. I used Breakfree CLP for a long time (it was free), I recently ran out and bought some Slip 2000 EWL.

I use Lubriplate #105 Engine Assembly Lube for grease.

I think the EWL does hang around longer than the Breakfree.
  6. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil
    Platinum Member

KY warming....

Oops, wrong forum.
  7. Lucas gun oil. I find it at automotive or farm supply stores around here. At least one gun dealer I know of keeps a display rack of it on the counter.

Been using it for years. Never had a problem with it.
  8. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

All my semi autos are alloy framed Sigs. I use either white lithium or Hoppes gun grease on the rails and CLP for corrosion protection.

I really prefer grease for the slide rails. It doesn't cook off as fast and stays in place while the gun is being carried/stored.
  9. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

After trying all sorts of cleaners/lubes and getting stuck in a Hickock45 YouTube Video black hole for an afternoon, I decided to try out Ballistol. I really like it.

I'm still holding onto my Hoppes No. 9 and Hoppes Copper Solvent. As I finish off the non-Ballistol products, I'm not going to replace them.
  10. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan

#11 faawrenchbndr, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  11. Mobil 1 full synthetic
  12. Have tried *MANY*...always come back to BreakFree CLP!!!
  13. Sorry to start this, but......... Froglube!
  14. Whatever I have on hand that is made for guns.
  15. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo Amsterdam Haze

My current choice
  16. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member

Rem oil or CLP

17. I use CLP for everything. It's not the best for cleaning, lubricating, or protecting. It does a decent job in all three areas though, and it's cheap and convenient.
  18. I really like the M-Pro 7 line of products.
  19. what you have is a good combination. there are alot of lubes on the market and they all perform well. lube choice is not as important as knowing how much and where to lube your pistol. but if you are just looking to try other products, Slip2000 is good stuff.