close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Which Lead Bullet to Buy

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Coltlover, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Coltlover

Coltlover

Apr 1, 2008
    I need to purchased some .45 200gr LSWC for IDPA shooting w/a 1911. Where I use to buy is no longer available. Been looking @ Oregon trail, Meister Bullets and Missouri Bullet Co. I noticed that MBC is about 1/2 the price of the other two. Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. i have shot over 3K of the MBCs in 45 and around 5K in 9mm. good people to deal with.

i was using the 200 LSWC bullets over Unique.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011

3. 32dgrz

32dgrz

Oct 31, 2009
    If you buy from MBC use the discount code from THR

4. they also offer discounts for FF/EMT/LEO/Mil. just have t call and ask as i havent used it in awhile.

5. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne

Feb 19, 2009
    DFW, TX
    I have purchased umpteen thousands of 158gr .38 and 230gr .45 from Missouri Bullet. They have super fast shipping, and my non-scientific, very random testing has shown the weights very consistent.

I would highly recommend them.

Cheers!

6. fredj338

fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    so.cal.
    Yeah, OC are way over priced & too hard for many applications IMO. MB makes a good product, so does Two Alpha.

7. MyGunCulture

MyGunCulture

Jul 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    I've also had good experience with Missouri. Velocity Bullets (http://velocitybullets.com/) also does a great job and their bullets so far have been a little more "finished" than the Missouri bullets and just about identical prices.

8. spyderhead

spyderhead

Dec 5, 2009
    Brandon, MS
    Cannot do better than Missouri Bullet Co. I have bought/loaded/shot thousands of them, and they are excellent. Great people to do business with, quality product, very fast shipping. Just wish all companies were as good as MBC.

9. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

I have loaded about 2K of the MBC's, great product and even better customer service.

THR discount code??

10. firefighter4215

firefighter4215

Nov 2, 2009
    Kentucky
    I've only shot a couple hundred MBC lead bullets in .38 special out of my 642. They did pretty darn well. I ended up having to place my order over the phone due to some computer problems on my end, but they were nice folks to deal with. I plan on buying a lot from them in the future.

11. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

Mar 1, 2008
    Washington (the state)
  12. Coltlover

Coltlover

Apr 1, 2008
    Thanks for all the replies. Looked like MBC won hands down. And as for the part about their fast shipping--hell, I ordered from them Monday afternoon, and they arrived today! (WED)

13. albyihat

albyihat

Aug 3, 2007
    SW Montana
    Ya they are fast I ordered on sun. night and they came today as well.

14. cole

cole Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Shhh... don't let that source out. More for me. :supergrin:

Great guy to deal with. Bullets exit the barrel and impact paper for cheaper.

15. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
    Yuth put out good stuff. I may have to try those 124 RN's out again in 9mm for my Spartan.