close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Which Is Your Favorite Die Hard?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TSAX, Feb 8, 2013.

1. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    We'll be on a beach, earning 20%

Every time Snape walked onto screen that's what I thought about him saying. :supergrin:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  2. They were all "fun" but the original..because at the time..well it was like nothing id really seen before. Seen plenty of cop movies and war movies and such but nothing quite like that movie.

3. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    Is it just me or did Die Hard 1, 3 and 4 make the Feds look really dumb. And shows about Feds tend to make the PD's look dumb :whistling:

:50cal:

4. Stlbrian

Stlbrian

Jun 24, 2012
    St. Louis
    Die Hard the original is my favorite Christmas movie. It's not Christmas until I go hide from my in laws in my man cave, and pop in the Die Hard Blu ray.

1,3,4,2 is my order of preference.

Looking forward to seeing number 5

5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
  6. JLeòdhas

JLeòdhas Alba gu bràth!!

Jul 28, 2012
    Alabama Highlands
    I liked them all except for the second one. My favorite is number three.

7. Altaris

Altaris

Feb 16, 2004
    Round Rock, TX
    1 - is an all time great movie classic and is my favorite.
    3 - is a close second and another one that I can watch over and over.
    4 - was also a great movie, but 1 and 3 were still much better imo.
    2 - like Mrs VR, this one annoyed me, and I actually don't like it at all.

8. So, who bought a Beretta after Die Hard 1?

9. Altaris

Altaris

Feb 16, 2004
    Round Rock, TX
    Forget that..... I wanted a Steyr Aug after watching the first one :supergrin:

10. IceAxe

IceAxe

Oct 22, 2012
    Rocky Mountains
    All the cool guys already had Beretta's when Die Hard came out. They bought them the year before when Lethal Weapon came out.

11. moonwilson

moonwilson

Jan 22, 2013
    Atlanta
    This. The Steyr Aug looked BEAST in that movie. Even though nobody even got shot with it.

The thing that really stood out about the first one after watching it again the other day was how much LAPD SWAT came across as clowns in it. They were equipped like regular cops, except a couple of them had rifles. SWAT is much more militarized these days.

12. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE. Back to being a wage slave.

Oct 22, 2006
    Central Arizona
    Definitely the first one. I really loved the part after McClane realizes he has to do something but before he actually does. He is dithering and jumping around just like a real person would. Later he gets all action adventure super hero, but for a while there I could see myself in what he was doing.

Plus the first one didn't have all the "Yah Right" moments that the later ones did.

Some lame Die Hard moments:

- Glock 7.

- Cop killing, pistol bullets that shoot through a hardened steel bull dozer blade that rifles couldn't shoot through.

- Every single moment in Life Free or Die Hard.

13. Haldor

Oct 22, 2006
    Central Arizona
    I think my wife wants to have his baby. Especially since he did Snape.

14. Haldor

Oct 22, 2006
    Central Arizona
    +1000. I wanted that Teutonic ubber-badness for my own. Then Arnold used one in Commando and it became the definition of a cool weapon.

I did get one of my TV favs last month, a PS90. It really is a very nice rifle to shoot and incredibly handy. I can't imagine a better weapon for close quarters battle, especially if you short barrel it so it is in the P90 configuration.

I can see why SG1 would issue them to the teams. What I can't figure is why Samantha stuck with that lame, short barreled M4. With that short a barrel 5.56 is worse than 5.7 and now she can't share ammo or mags with the rest of the team.

15. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A

Yup -- and having an abandoned airport in Colorado double for Dulles Airport (and not looking even REMOTELY like that airport) sure didn't help matters. Dulles today, with the expanded terminals, actually has come "closer" to the look.

Oh -- and the crowning touch was having Bruce Willis pass by a pay-phone that had "Pacific Bell" emblazoned on the side.

16. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    Psst: Lethal Weapon 3, not Die Hard

17. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    It had me give serious consideration to a high-cap semiautomatic pistol -- but I wound up getting a SIG P229 instead... :supergrin:

18. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    Nope. That was right in the middle of the Wondernine race to see who could put the most bullets into a 9mm handgun. I've not liked 9mm since I knew the difference and in 1988 I was carrying an issued 1911A1.

Found out a few years later Berettas don't fit my hand at all, I still hate them.

19. RyanSBHF

RyanSBHF Senior Member

Jun 28, 2004
    USA
    The original is still the best.

20. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    OK, so II had a premise flaw, but I still like the way McClain's wife zaps the stupid reporter with the stun gun and later the old lady won't help him up and calls him an A-hole

Best part of any of the Die Hards to me :supergrin: