Which is the correct sight picture for Glock? (see illustration)

Discussion in 'The SHOT ShowCase' started by Crom, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Crom

Crom Glock

Which is the correct sight picture for Glock factory sights?

I am thinking Sight Image #2, but I want to hear what experienced Glock folks say. On my G23 I have Glock factory night sights. Thanks.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    How do I calculate sight height corrections? Sights, Optics and Lasers Jul 5, 2015
    Correct OEM rear night sight G32 Sights, Optics and Lasers Jun 20, 2015
    Correct Sight Picture For G19 General how-To Help Forum Feb 25, 2015
    How do I drift the rear sight correctly Gunsmithing Aug 26, 2010
    Former Intelligence Analyst: Political Correctness Is A Manipulative Tool For Centralizing Powe Political Issues Sunday at 8:42 AM

3. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

It depends on distance. Glocks are supposed to be sighted in for image 2 at 25 yards. When I can actually get my trigger control right, that's exactly how mine shoot.

Because of my bad trigger control, I tend to pull shots lower and start trending toward image 3 to compensate.

4. Well I am not an experienced glock user, but I would also think it would be #3
  5. Crom

Crom Glock

6. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

I prefer image 2, or point of aim shooting. You aim at where you want the bullet to hit which makes the most sense to me.

Image 1 is preferred by some and is referred to as a 6 o clock hold. This would be my 2nd choice and could be learned pretty easily, but I am just not used to it.

Image 3 is not anything I have ever seen or recognize---I would call it a "point and hope" method and I would personally avoid it (unless I was trying to hit the upper fourth of the target). Assuming you are trying to hit the center of the target, you have the bullseye completely covered which makes no sense whatsover.
  7. Wastelander

Wastelander NEVER BACK DOWN

You would be correct if you're shooting past 25 feet.
  8. LOL.. Image #2 of course.. This is not a brain scratcher.
  9. You want to use image 2. At 50' you should be able to aquire a point of aim point of impact shot.
  10. This. Any other answer is wrong, period.
  11. GoingQuiet

GoingQuiet FFL/SOT

#2 - by far and away.
  12. R*E

#3 is great for shooting at something you can't be certain of.
  13. bentbiker

bentbiker NRA Member

Did the OP switch the image locations after you started your reply? You have the descriptions reversed.
  14. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

Thanks for pointing this out...I went back and corrected my post.
  15. As already stated, I think you have #1 & #2 mixed up. Furthermore, unless you have adjustable sights, which factory glock sights do not, you have no choice.
  16. TSAX

Ladies and gentlemen I will take door #2
  17. 25 yards maybe, not feet.

#2 is the correct sighting for every Glock I've ever shot. Never shot one past 25 yards.
  18. I actually shot a few mags at 25 yards this morning, just for fun, and #2 was still the correct sight picture.
  19. Crom

Crom Glock

This makes sense to me.

I used sight picture #3 at 15' and my shots where high. I began to compensate and each shot got better.

I used sight picture #3 again at 50' and all my shots were high again. It would seem that #2 is the correct sight picture to use for Glock factory night sights.

If you shoot Sig Pistols, sight picture #3 would be correct. The G23 is my first Glock.
  20. SIGlock

Millennium Member

I have the correct answer for you:

SIGHT IMAGE #1. This is the correct sight picture whent the target circle touches the top of the front sight. However, the size of your target (Circle Diameter) has to be adjust depending on the distance. So, here is the data in order for you to SHOOT DEAD CENTER AT THE CENTER OF THE CIRCLE:

Circle Diameter = 1" at 25 feet. 2" at 50 feet. 3" at 75 feet (25 yds.)