close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Which Glock would you recommend in the Philippines?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by hytekwarrior, Jul 12, 2008.

1. hytekwarrior

hytekwarrior

Oct 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hello to all in da "Band".

I have brother-in-law in the Philippines who wishes to buy a Glock in the Philippines. Since I live in the United States, I have access to many different calibers of ammunition. I own many firearms. But I have a difficult time recommending a specific model of Glock to my B-I-L. I would like to get a survey of what many of you in the P.I. Would recommend.

I want to thank everyone ahead of time for your input and recommendations. I hope to return the favor to you all, so please don't hesitate to e-mail or IM me ..... Salamat Po!!

2. Poodle

Poodle

Jul 4, 2006
    Right now, as far as i KNow, there are no brand new Glocks for sale to civilians in RP. You may come across 2nd hand Glocks. I'd recommend the Glock 21 of course but if it's too bulky for your brother in law, then the G17 or even the G19.

3. atmarcella

atmarcella

Aug 27, 2004
    overwatch....
    what's your "bayaw" going to do with it? play IPSC? keep it in a safe?

4. Does anyone know why there are no more glocks in the market here in RP? Was thinking of getting a G23, pero wala na ako makita. Wala na daw nagbebenta. Why of why po?

5. Nothing to do with the manufacturer, rather the dilemma of the RP importer.

6. atmarcella

atmarcella

Aug 27, 2004
    overwatch....
    to make a long story short. the distributor was caught selling to BG's i.e. triad people.

7. edtf

edtf

Oct 10, 2007
    QC
    Well you can check it out next weekend at the gunshow. I vote for 19 or 26 for carry

8. monsignor28

monsignor28

Jul 21, 2007
    Caloocan City
    I just hope Glock to finalize its decision to ship FA here in the Philippines.

9. hytekwarrior

hytekwarrior

Oct 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Is the .40 caliber round as popular in the Philippines as it is here in the US? And, are high capacity magazines permitted in the PI?

10. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    The .40 is quite popular in the Philippines (especially IPSC shooters), but not as popular as the .45 ACP, 9mm or .38 Special.

Yes, high cap mags are permitted in the Philippines.

I'd go for either the Glock 17, 19 or 26.

11. Sweater

Sweater

Jan 22, 2006
    Glock 19 or Glock 22 IMO.---------Sweater

12. atmarcella

atmarcella

Aug 27, 2004
    overwatch....
    isuzu,

you'll be surprised how popular 40sw is here nowadays, i'd dare say it is even more popular the 45acp, just look at the results of the matches, majority of the shooter are in standard division and 99% use 40sw.

13. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    You're right. I've seen a lot of shooters switching to the .40 before I left. The only time I got to shoot the .40 was when my brother loaned me his BUL M5 and I shot a match in Tennessee. The recoil was very manageable, and I was beginning to like the BUL M5.

How does the .40 S&W compare to the 9mm and .45 ACP as a carry gun back home?

14. I agree with Sweater re the G19. I read somewhere that the G19 is the best all-around Glock. Here, serious shooters swear by the Glock, either the G17 (the new olive-drab one) or the G19. Haven't seen a .40 Glock lately, but our club was the site of a spectacular .40 kaboom (before I came in), so that might explain it.

15. chowchow

chowchow

Jan 15, 2007
    Houston
    9 mm na lang mura ang bala. But I carry a G 23 for daily carry. Bigger is better diba. G 19 with NS is at bedside ready.

9 mm FMJ Winchester 100 rd bulk is now almost $ 20 here at Walmart.

16. atmarcella

atmarcella

Aug 27, 2004
    overwatch....
    i dunno about carry preferences of folks here. it might be a good topic to talk about. you can start a new thread sir. mas maganda cguro me poll.

17. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    You mean regular magazines which takes 10+ rounds.:cool:

And who is that distributor ?

18. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America

There are also people who swear by the Glock 19's grip profile. It's better kuno compared to the Glock 17.

I may be wrong, but based on experience, the Glock 19 has a smoother trigger compared to the Glock 17. I've tried several Glock 17s and 19s (aside from my own) when I was still living in the Philippines, and I've observed the same results.