close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Which Glock next

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cjkoz1975, Feb 8, 2012.

1. cjkoz1975

cjkoz1975

I have a little tax return money. Enough to buy a new gun in fact. I was thinking about getting a .22 but I just don't think that will satisfy my wants. I bought my first glock a few months ago and love it. It is a gen 3 26. Sweet shooting little gun. I can't CC where I live yet but I like to plan ahead. This was an addition to my sig P229. Both nice but I have been having more fun with the glock. With that being said I think I am going to use my money to get another glock. Fortunately for me I can get them at LE pricing as a firefighter. Sweet deal. My dilemma is which one. I love .45's and am seriously considering a 30sf. Already having a 9mm I don't really think I want to get another 9mm that I run the risk of liking more and using more than the one I already have if that ended up being the case. Also my sig is a .40 so I figured maybe adding a caliber would be best. Although I realize that ammo costs are getting ridiculous in that caliber but I think I got to have it. I am looking for any input from anybody.

Thank You

2. istricky

istricky

Been carrying on and off for years the G21, recently upgrading to the Gen 4. Just picked up the G30 and put on a set of Trijicon HD yellow night sights. Also love my G36 for a single stack 45. Do you see a pattern? You really cant go wrong with any of the Glocks.:rofl:

3. kj4963

kj4963

Buy them all, start with the lowest number of the 45(G21) and work your way up

4. cjkoz1975

cjkoz1975

I just dont particularly like the way the full size glock's look and my 26 is a sweet shooting little gun. Maybe that's a bad reason but I think it matters to me.

5. Glock40man

Glock40man

If that is the case, take a look at the G30SF and, the G36.

6. bruzer

bruzer

Buy a .22 conversion for your Glock. I like my .22 conversion.
    Mike

7. 911brute

911brute

8. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Buy the 45's as members have already mentioned.. Initially without reading your post I was going to say 357sig!! But you want to be a cheap skate.... :rolleyes:

9. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker

Yep G26 or G27 whichever i find here 1st for best deal will get bought,but it seems i will have to pay atleast $400 plus tax for any used Glock G26 OR G27 even Police trade ins around here if i want one as they are like gold i assume here in missouri

10. cjkoz1975

cjkoz1975

Well I made the mistake of going to the GS today to look at some new glocks. They didn't have a 30 but they had a 36. I have to say it felt pretty good in my hand and it's hard to believe it's not much bigger than my 26. While I was there though the ideas started running wild in my head. Do I really want a .45, or would I be better off with a .40 or 9mm since I already have those calibers. The gen 4 19 and 23 were both very sweet. I'm not doing anything until I get to see a g30, but right now I am very much back to square one as far as which one to get. One serious consideration for me is ammo cost. Obviously the 9mm is the cheapest. I want to be able to shoot my guns, not just leave them in the house unused because ammo costs too much. Sorry just kind of putting my thoughts and frustration out there. I'm up for any comments or advice.

11. Bruce M

Bruce M

I like my G30. I like my G26 better; being smaller it seems a bit easier to carry for me. I like shooting a .22 alot - much of the reason is of course is the relatively low cost. My guess is that long term a .22 will provide alot more shooting for you.

12. cjkoz1975

cjkoz1975

I think I will wait on the .22. If I have to shoot less I can. I do have a sig 522 for shooting .22 when I need to. What do you prefer the 30 or 36?

13. Glock Master

Glock Master

Take a look at the G36. (.45 ACP)

14. RedZ71

RedZ71

lol... buyalltheglocks.jpg

15. cjkoz1975

cjkoz1975

O.k. I went to one of the LGS that deals in LE glocks. I was able to check out the 36. It felt pretty nice in my hand and was much smaller than I anticipated. They unfortunately did not have any 30 or 30sf's in stock. They move alot of glocks so they are supposed to call me when they get some 30's in. I was just wondering since the only glock I have now is the 26 which I love shooting is how comparable is the 30sf in grip feel and comfort compared to the 26? I have read about people's pinkie finger getting pinched on I believe both the 30 and 36, and I don't particularly want to get something that will be uncomfortable. As far as concealability goes, I believe either one would probably be concealable but not an issue for me yet as my state is the sole state that doesn't allow it yet. Also I have the 26 if I ever needed to do that. Not that I wouldn't with the 30 or 36. Also when I was looking at the 36 I noticed that the spring guide stuck out of the front of the gun a tiny bit, just enough to notice it wasn't flush with the front of the gun. Is that normal? Once again I appreciate any info. that you have. Like I said I haven't been able to find a 30 or 30sf to check out yet. They had everything else but that one. I will say the gen4 19 with the tru glo night sights they had was pretty awesome. I am just leaning towards the .45 right now. Thanks in advance guys. You are all very helpful and I appreciate your input very much.