close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Which flashlight mount for my 870P?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by Mr Wasabi, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Mr Wasabi

Mr Wasabi
    Expand Collapse
    Sushi Nazi

I have an 870P w/+2 extension and am looking for a simple barrel/extension mount/clamp for my flashlight. I see a bunch out there but who's is the best quality for the money? I want something that I can easily get my flashlight out of if needed, that will mount securely and be well made. I'm leaning towards this TacStar:
    http://www.cactustactical.com/osc/t...ight-clamp-inch-barrel-inch-light-p-1782.html

BTW, do the side saddle type mounts get in the way? I have a TacStar six shot side sadlle on the way so that's another option I can consider.

Thanks for any input.

#1 Mr Wasabi, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  2. Dr. J Frame

Dr. J Frame
    Expand Collapse
    LSWCHP +P

I just received 2 of these this week and haven't had any time to do much testing. $7.99 on ebay. Listed under "Saiga Shotgun Barrel Clamp". Seems like fairly heavy-duty plastic/nylon/polymer/something.

Uses a sling quick-detach headed screw. I will probably replace it with a wing-nut or knurled thumbscrew for faster removal. With my hand on the forend I can press my forefinger against this Surefire's tailcap to operate the light. Or turn the tailcap in for constant on.

Just showing you a possible option. Similar design to your link but in a plastic version. 870 with Scattergun Technologies +1 mag ext shown-
    [​IMG]

3. Mr Wasabi

Mr Wasabi
    Expand Collapse
    Sushi Nazi

Thanks for the input,

That looks good, I'll check it out. I've read the ones that connect to the barrel/extension will also help keep things more solid in that area. That's a good extra benefit of that type of setup. I'm not sure I like the mount in the side saddle idea. First of all I'm losing 1 of my spots for extra ammo plus it seems that it would get in the way in terms of line of sight.

Thanks again for the input.

#3 Mr Wasabi, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  4. Glockdude1

Glockdude1
    Expand Collapse
    Federal Member
    CLM

I like that light clamp.....