close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Which CMMG 22lr conversion kit

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by sigman69, Nov 28, 2011.

1. I am looking at getting one of these for my Stag rifle and wondered which model everyone recommends...I am looking at the blued one Primary Arms has on sale for 121.00

Thanks,

John

2. I can't speak on the blued version but saw how easily the fouling wiped off of the S/S non-Evolution model.I know two people that swear by them.If I was in the market that would be the one I'd buy.YMMV.tom.:cool:

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    The stainless model will clean easier & seems to require no break in period.
    However, $121 is a great price for the kit!

4. Yep,$29.00 difference.Could buy a few rounds for practice with that.Do the blued ones hold up as well?Are the S/S models more prone to fracture at the welds?tom.:dunno:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    I owned as few before I bought a dedicated 22LR upper.
    One of the "parkerized" units needed a slight debur and light polish to run.
    The stainless unit was goog to go out of the box. I personally had no failures
    that were no ammo related. Mine seemed to cycle Winchester the best

6. shadow65

shadow65

May 7, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Get the stainless. It's stronger, smoother, uses less lube, stays cleaner longer and is easier to clean.
    Keep in mind, the $129 kits you are seeing are old, discontinued kits. They are not the Evolution kits and do not have the same features.
    That is why they are cheaper.
    Same with the cheaper complete uppers I've seen online. They are upper kits with old style bolts in them.
    If you guys want an Evolution kit, PM me. I can get you one at a discount.
    Dave

7. fivestar

fivestar

Oct 15, 2004
    I would also recommend the SS kit. I got mine from CDNN for $150 IIRC. One of the best things I've ever purchased for my AR's really.

8. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    sigman69
    I have the parkerised version and it's worked just fine. Have to use the High velocity 22LR as the standard velocity rounds just don't work as they say in the literature! Federal bulk is what I run.:supergrin:

9. Kaybe

Kaybe

Sep 30, 2009
    I have a stainless steel one. One of the best things that I have ever bought for my AR. Just drop it in and go.