close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Which brands of RAM is good, which are bad?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Thirties, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Viper16

Viper16

Apr 2, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Crucial
    G.Skill
    Corsair
    Patriot

its not necessarily about cost, but rather the speed of the ram. you would want a faster ram if you have a slower cpu...it will help with your performance.

Have you tried newegg.com for better deals? years ago tigerdirect use to be more expensive than other online retailers.

2. ND40oz

ND40oz

Jun 29, 2008
    N. Yorkshire/Denver
  3. Ended up with PNY. Called Tiger because that's where I bought the computer a few yrs ago, and they had the exact specs on replacement memory. Also picked up two 2-gig thumb drives for $10 each.

Thanks.

ps, yes, my links are for desktop. That's why I felt comfortable ordering from Tiger. Got the right thing.

4. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I've used PNY before, and I don't recall it being an issue(someone else bought it)

Being a creature of habit, and sticking w/ what I know works well, I use Kingston or Crucial. Never had a prob w/ either.

IGF

5. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I'm guessing that was a very very long time ago(like over 10).. I've used Tiger Direct for a long time, and never felt like I paid them excessively compared to other retailers. Maybe a few bucks here and there... most the time though, prices were extremely similar. Main reason I like Tiger, their big shipping place is in Illinois, I pay for 5-7 day shipping, if I order before Noon, I have it the next day around 3:00. :)

Newegg, and this is not a complaint by any stretch, I always wait the full 5-7 days. i'd have a problem if they told me 5-7 days, and it was 3 weeks, but they've always met their delivery time w/ me.. I just prefer TD because its quite a bit faster(for me)..

:)

IGF

6. Thanks for your comments. I'm never worries about a few days more or less. I have had straightforward dealings with all three companies mentioned. i needed to know I was getting the correct memory, and Tiger had my sales detains from when I first bought that computer and extra memory at the time.

7. I have been using Crucial for my PC upgrades and find it flawless!

8. Tiger has been getting poor marks for data security as of late. Check GT for other posts discussing that topic!

:steamed: :wow: :whistling: :dunno:

9. Razrbk444

Razrbk444 Sumthin' Witty Silver Member

Jul 22, 2006
    NE Arkansas
  10. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

Jan 7, 2001
    Plano, Texas, Republic of
    Try A-Data. They're a little cheaper than Crucial, OCZ, Patriot or Corsair. I have tons of their memory in various workstations and it's been flawless.

Oddly, I use Kingston, considered a budget brand, in my servers and have never had a problem.

If you're ordering on-line, read the reviews. Yes, you'll have to filter out the fanboys, whiners and nitpickers, but most reviews are valuable.

Stick with the major brands and you'll be fine.

Good luck, mi amigo.

11. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I don't think I've ever heard of Kingston being a budget brand... hmm.

Regardless, if it works, it works, and thats all that matters to me. I've used it many times w/o issue.

IGF