close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Which AR-15 .22 rimfire to get?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by pesticidal, Oct 27, 2009.

1. pesticidal

pesticidal Eh? CLM

Jun 5, 2002
    North Dakota
    I'm getting the hankering for one of the dedicated 22 long rifle AR-15's. Too many choices, SW, Ruger Remington, Colt. Which one should I get?

Who's got my answer (Other than buy one of each...)?

:supergrin:

2. coachg

coachg

Dec 7, 2007
    I like the S&W. Very accurate and the magazines are study and pretty cheap $20. Price is right too. $409.

3. pesticidal

pesticidal Eh? CLM

Jun 5, 2002
    North Dakota
    Ruger would be nice, I got lots of 10/22 magazines.

$409.00 for the S&W? Where? That's a hella good price.

4. pesticidal

pesticidal Eh? CLM

Jun 5, 2002
    North Dakota
    :headscratch:

5. coachg

coachg

Dec 7, 2007
    Next time you're out in Pennsylvania I'll let you know. :tongueout:

Just kiddin. I imagine North Dakota has some great things that are better than good gun prices.

6. pesticidal

pesticidal Eh? CLM

Jun 5, 2002
    North Dakota
    Uh, I can't really think of anything....

:rofl:

7. Chuck TX

Chuck TX CLM

Jul 11, 2003
    Republic of Texas
    I am extremely happy with my Tac Sol AR-22 M4 upper (Black Dog Machine has them for $499). Dedicated .22 upper, goes on a standard 5.56 AR lower. I think it's the same or similar barrel as the 10/22. Damn accurate too, as good as my other semi .22LR rifles. Only had it for a couple weeks so far, but I've been running it hard straight out of the box, feeding it a variety of ammo including older than dirt Federal. No jams, no FTF, no FTE. I really could not be more pleased with it.

Definitely would recommend.

8. coachg

coachg

Dec 7, 2007

I guess not in the winter. Fargo was a pretty good movie though. :supergrin:

9. Uh, kind of forgetting the hunting, fishing, gun laws that aren't imposed by Nazis, a CCW test that was 10 questions, open book and an hour to take with a firing portion of hitting a B-27 silhouette at 21 feet 7 times out of 10 within 5 minutes (did mine with a cap and ball revolver to keep things interesting), low crime rates (we never did lock the doors at night and kept the engine running during the winter on a run into a store without any worries), no brown skies, no traffic problems, good school systems (my Captain at my last base pulled his kids out of the local public school and put them into private school citing he wanted them to get an education that was on par with the public education they were getting in Minot) and a population you can look at without wondering what kind of freak show you wound up at and why you weren't charged admission. Dang, I better shut up now or too many folks will wind up moving in there and ruining the whole danged state!

10. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Jul 4, 2000
    Waynesboro, VA
  11. thisaway

thisaway Moderator

Jan 11, 2000
    Soddy Daisy, Tenn.
    I intend to get one the S&Ws when I can. They are less pricey around here than the Colt rifles.

12. lee2

lee2

Mar 3, 2003
    md
    get the S&W. stay far away from the colt.:wavey:

13. Ranger54

Ranger54

Aug 31, 2002
    Taylor, TX
    If you already have an AR, I really like my Spikes dedicated .22LR upper.

14. BulgarWheat

BulgarWheat

Mar 24, 2009
    picked up Colt's 22LR AR a while back. Nice plinker

15. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Feb 13, 2001
    North-Central USA
    Pesty, I was set on getting the S&W, then someone pointed me to the several "problem" (usually extractor problem) threads over at Arfcom. I also considered an upper/conversion, but many of these function poorly with aftermarket trigger assemblies, along with having twist rate and/or accuracy troubles.

I think I'm going to wait a bit more for the bugs to get ironed-out...

16. Alaskapopo

Alaskapopo NRA ENDOWMENT

Feb 6, 2000
    Alaska
    I like Spikes. Tac Sol is also excellent.
    Pat
    Here is mine.
    [​IMG]

17. And why should one do that? :whistling: :dunno:

Since I have a boat load of 10/22 magazines I hope to be going after another Ruger 10/22 with a: two stage KID trigger and bolt assembly, Tac-Solutions suppressor barrel/w can or Tactical Innovations threaded barrel for the Aguila SSS rounds and an inexpensive Tactical Aim Point...

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  18. Alaskapopo

Alaskapopo NRA ENDOWMENT

Feb 6, 2000
    Alaska
    The Colt is made by Walther and its about Airsoft gun quality. The Smith is better but I don't care for either and prefer a dedicated .22 lr upper with a normal AR15 lower. Costs more but its better.
    Pat