close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Which ammo?

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by drtboy, Apr 17, 2013.

1. drtboy

drtboy

Apr 7, 2013
    I just got my new G26 and would like to go shoot it. I already had a 100 rd box of winchester, but I'm looking online to find a few different boxes to order and see what shoots best. Does the PPU (Prvi Partizan) shoot ok? I also see Fiocchi, Federal, Blazer, Tulammo and American Eagle.

Anything that I shouldnt shoot?

2. rustynail

rustynail FORR MO

Feb 22, 2008
    Kansas City
    congrats on the 26, I say shoot what ever you can find. It should all work.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013

3. iflyem1

iflyem1 Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Illinois
    I shoot Federal, Blazer and American Eagle. The rest I never shot out of my G26 but I have heard of those manufacurers and they seem to be Ok to shoot.

4. drtboy

drtboy

Apr 7, 2013
    Thanks guys. My father in law sent me an email a few weeks ago with a picture of a .357 revolver that a guy used some chinese crap in, and it blew the top of the revolver up. I just wanted to make sure I was looking at some good brands.

5. JBP55

JBP55

Mar 4, 2007
    Louisiana
    I prefer American Eagle, Lawman and NATO.

6. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Mar 17, 2008
    PRK
  7. Merkavaboy

Merkavaboy Code-7A KUZ769

You can tell your father-in-law that that photo is 100% bogus in regards to the catistrophic destruction being caused by "Chinese" ammo. China does not make .357 Mag ammo. That photo has been on the Internet for ages with a caption stating it was blown up by "Chinese" .44 Mag ammo, which they also don't make.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  8. For practice I shoot what ever I can find, never had an issue with any type of 9mm ammunition. My G19 and G26 eats it all. For my self defense ammo I use 147 grain Federal HST or 147 grain Speer Gold Dot.

9. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Jan 20, 1999
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    I have shot them all in my G-26, what I dont do anymore is reloads, store bought for me and my Glocks.

10. Kentguy

Kentguy

Nov 22, 2010
    Kent, OH
    drtboy,

Congratulations on the G26, that is what I use for my CCW.

For practice if I shoot factory stuff I like Federal American Eagle, 124g FMJ. For concealed carry with factory ammo I use Hornady "Custom" ammo 124g XTP HP.

The great thing about these Glocks is that they will shoot just about anything you run though them.

Have fun

11. I tend to stay away from the steel case low price stuff but it should work in your G26.

For target WWB, Fed Champion, S&B, Fiocchi, PMC, Blazer, UMC, Lawman etc are all fine.

For CCW, some of my favorites are; Hornady Critical Duty, Critical Defense, Fed HST, Speer Gold Dot, Rem Golden Saber.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  12. unit1069

unit1069

Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    I'd shoot another couple of hundred rounds of the cheapest brass ammo available to complete the break-in process, then test out some others for the best shooting characteristics. I'd stay away from steel case ammo although there are many members who've never encountered problems with it. And I will never shoot reloads in my pistols. If I reloaded I would shoot my reloads, but since I don't, I won't.

13. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    He's right. It all should work well. :cool:

14. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    It'll shoot anything, really. I've put everything through mine without any problems at all, including Tulammo, Brown Bear, and Wolf.

15. JackMac

JackMac

Mar 13, 2011
    TX
    I've run russian, chinese, and other types of 9mm in my 19 and 26 with no problem. For personal protection...Corbon is my choice. All major manufactures have some good defense rounds to choose from. Glocks are tough. You really have to work at it to mess one up.

16. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Far West, USA
    It's a Glock, it will eat anything. With my G26 I practice with Tula steel case ammo and carry Hornady Critical Duty +p.

I like steel case because its cheap(when you can find it) and it seems to be as accurate and reliable as any other target ammo.

17. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    The G26 should shoot anything you put in it. I shoot alot of Blazer aluminum when I can get it cheap. Right now Monarch at academy and Federal Champion at Walmart is all I can find, and that is in limited quantities.

Just haven't been doing a lot of shooting lately. I am not willing to shoot ammo I can't replace.