close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Which 9MM host for suppressor??

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by bigdough666, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Alright guys, my stamp for my suppressor should be arriving next month sometime (6 month mark) so I want to buy a new 9mm for it. I think I've narrowed it down to the following:

Glock 19
    S&W M&P - Pro maybe
    FNP/X/S - haven't decided which model
    CZ P07 Duty

First, is there a threaded barrel available for all the guns I have listed?? I know the Glock for sure has one, what about the others?

I need a little help deciding. I love Glocks, I have 2 (22 and 30) so I kinda want something else. But, what do you guys recommend? Also, feel free to suggest others I have not yet mentioned.

Thanks.

2. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    NoVA
    Best Pistol on the list: Glock 19
    Best Host on the list: Glock 19

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is illogical.

3. chemcmndr

chemcmndr

Aug 23, 2008
    Beavercreek, OH
    What model suppressor do you have and what thread mount are you getting it with?

I know you can get barrels for both the Glock and M&P threaded in either 1/2x28 or M13.5. I only have experience with the Glock 19 and my SWR Trident 9. Of the hosts that you have listed, I prefer the Glock myself, but that's just because I shoot the Glocks the best. If you ask what my favorite host for the suppressor is; it's definitely my MP5.

4. HAHA, there's still 4 Glocks on my wish list. To be honest i was leaning toward the Glock 19, as I do tend to shoot Glocks the best. But I've kinda been looking at the FN pistols lately also!!

Its a Thompson Machine Isis. I haven't bought the mount yet.

5. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO
    The Glock would be my first choice, but I'd look at the HK USP 9SD as well. The suppressor ready HKs are the only ones I still like. .

6. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    NoVA
    Well, duh... but that wasn't on his list...

[​IMG]

:supergrin:

7. irishbum

irishbum

Jun 8, 2005
    Kansas City,KS
    Glock 19
    [​IMG]

I had a 226 got rid of it. It was nice but I liked the 19 more.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  8. WarEagle32

WarEagle32

Mar 15, 2011
    Alabama
    Glock 19 if it were me. Best pistol made. Followed real close by a CZ75 family. If I were you I would put it on a G19. However, I would think hard about maybe a CZ 85 Combat!!

9. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

Glock 19.

NUFF SAID!!!

LWD threaded barrel.

TGG

BTW.....CONGRATS!!!! I hope to have my .22 suppressor by the end of the year.

10. Haldor

Haldor Retired EE

Oct 22, 2006
    Central Arizona
    I noticed you don't have a subcompact Glock. Therefore I vote for a G26. I have a threaded barrel for both my G26 and my G17. Both work flawlessly with my suppressor.

P.S. I have Lone Wolf threaded barrel in both of my Glocks and they work fine.

Just to be a contrarian, but why not get a threaded, 9mm conversion barrel for your G22?

I prefer the black barrels even though they cost a bit more.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=974&CAT=241

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  11. Thanks for the replys, it appears that the G19 is wildly popular!!

I've thought about just gettin the conversion barrel for my G22 but I always convince myself to just buy a new gun, HAHA!!

12. rgregoryb

rgregoryb Sapere aude

Oct 20, 2004
    Republic of Alabama
    The BEST platform is Beretta 92....no Nielsen device required

13. DoubleWide

DoubleWide

Sep 3, 2008
    Out of your list, definitely the Glock 19.

What are you buying for a suppressor and are new sights needed?

14. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    NoVA
    Wait... did you mean the absolute worst???

:dunno:

15. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Firefighter/EMT

May 17, 2005
    Land O lakes, FL
    ^
    The 92FS is a great host.

I'd use a G19 or USP9SD. Out of my 9mm suppressed pistols I have a G19, 92FS, USP9SD each with thier own can. And I have another 9mm can coming. The P226 is the quietest host but I hate the high bore axis, and sold my P229 because it just felt weird.

The G19 will be the most versatile and have a ton of aftermarket barrel and sight support. Just find an older gen3. My newer gen3 is an erradic POS. It throws casings everywhere and Ill get a FTF 1 out of100 rds. So pissed.....

Fast foward to 5:20 to see G19 ejection issue

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2GAb5d5HOM"]Shootin with the neighbors - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  16. rgregoryb

rgregoryb Sapere aude

Oct 20, 2004
    Republic of Alabama
    nope, the best

17. jp3975 - check out my list, the CZ was one I have been looking at

18. jp3975

jp3975

Nov 13, 2008
    Texarkana, Tx
    I know. Im just suggesting you get it. I dont think you knew that you could buy it with a threaded barrel from the factory for a mere $470.