close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

which 9mm for steel plate match shoots ?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by cajun_chooter, Jan 18, 2013.

1. I am starting to shop for a 9mm steel plate match pistol.. to reduce my search time.. i thought i would ask which pistol (brand & model) shooters prefer.. if you know the approximate price that would help also..

tia

2. I really like my M&P9L. It's a wonderful shooter and 100% reliable.

3. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    I'm kind of fond of the one in my avatar, I use it to shoot action pistol matches.

4. davsco

davsco

Feb 27, 2011
    not sure if you're talking just glocks or not... sti makes a gun specifically for steel shooting called the Steel Master ($~3k). I have one and really like it, best of all it is seriously designed to just use Winchester White Box 9mm 115g fmj, like sold (but of course, now out of stock) at walmart.

if you're just talking glock, can't go wrong with the g34. i have warren/sevigny wide rear notch and front fiber optics on mine - quick target acquisition.

5. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX

Pshh... With that 'ol antique-ey thing?

:tongueout:

6. BenjiEDF

BenjiEDF

Jun 15, 2012
    Glock 34 or a CZ-75 is what's I'd want, both ~$600.

7. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    I wouldn't go for plastic for a match gun. You don't need to save weight, in fact I would want weight for something like that. Maybe one of the CZs or, my choice would actually be a Jericho/941 with an action job. But a CZ 75 SA would be great. Look at the EAA line too.

8. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    I just use a Glock 17, but any gun you can shoot fast and accurately will be good.

There's also divisions for rimfires and revolvers too.

They have divisions for everything, just like USPSA. Pick a gun you like and run with it...

9. Reswob

Reswob

Mar 8, 2009
    VA
    Glock 19. I see very little value in competing (read: training) with a pistol that is not your regular carry.

10. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    I bet you hate cowboy action shooting.

11. Reswob

Reswob

Mar 8, 2009
    VA
    I'll bet some of those guys DO regularly carry SAA replicas.:rofl:

12. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
    Won't really matter if you're doing a steel challenge match, but if you ever move on to other things like USPSA, you'll want to go in the production category. I'd say G17, G24 or an XDM 5.25.

13. Andy W

Andy W

Dec 4, 2006
    Kansas
    I'd go for the XD(m) 5.25 9mm. Haven't had the pleasure of shooting one but have fondled them in the gun shop (looked at one in .40 the other day and drooled some) and they are sweet! Nice crisp trigger, decent balance, and the fiber optic front sight with plain black rear is an awesome sight combo. You are just drawn right into the front sight! I can't imagine one not being able to go up againt a G34. Would also probably be an awesome HD gun.