Glock Talk banner

Which 870 Tactical For You??

940 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  rotorwind 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I saw and handled a new 870 Express Tactical the other day at Wally World. It looked and felt really nice. It was a 7 shot, with standard sights, rubber looking butt stock. It was a basic HD shotgun that was priced at $345.

There is another that I like too. It is also an Express Tactical, I think, but this one has the same features as the one I saw except it has a breaching device that is threaded onto the barrel and the sights look like Ghost Ring with a rail mounted in front of the rear sight. I don't know what this one sells for though.

Has anyone bought a new 870 recently? If so, which one did you buy and how do you like it? Has it worked well for you so far and do you have any complaints?

The only other shotgun on my mind right now is the Mossberg 590A1 with the ghost rings and the short mag tube that gives you 5 shots.

Too bad I can't buy both.

I'd like to hear from those that have a relatively new or new 870 Express Tactical and what they think of them. Does Remington still have the quality that everyone has come to expect over the years?

Thanks for the time and help.

Nalajr

See less See more
#2 ·
I have the express model with then ghosts ring sights and the door breech. I like it overall. Added a light to it and it makes a good home defense gun. Only issue I have is sometimes I can not get 6 rounds in the magazine tube. Guess that's kinda a common problem.

#3 ·
It is a common problem? Are you able to get a different +2 extension from another company like Wilson and put it on instead?
How much did it run you, if you don't mind me asking?

Would you buy it again if you were to do it over or would you get something else?

Thanks

Nalajr

#5 ·
I bought a 870 tactical magpul edition a couple of months ago and love it. I had my eye on it for a very long time and finally bit the bullet and bought it. The magpul stock is very nice with adjustable lengths and different cheek pad options. I put a Mesa tactical 6 shell holder on it and a magpul single point sling. I plan on getting a aim point red dot for it in the near future.

#6 ·
I didn't know the MAGPUL stock was length adjustable. I do like the look and feel of it though. I have handled several of them and thought that when I get my own 870 or 590 I will swap out to that MAGPUL stock.

I wouldn't mind having an older 870 Wingmaster. If I could find one, even a hunting barrel length, I wouldn't mind at all.

Nalajr

#9 ·
It is a common problem? Are you able to get a different +2 extension from another company like Wilson and put it on instead?
How much did it run you, if you don't mind me asking?

Would you buy it again if you were to do it over or would you get something else?

Thanks

Nalajr

Yeah you can get different springs which is supposed to help but I haven't yet. I paid $550 which I think is a bit much. You can find better deals. I'd buy it again for sure. I had a mossberg 500 and didn't like it as much

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.