Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Which .357sig Glock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 00Glazz, Nov 18, 2012.

1. 00Glazz

Apr 3, 2011
    Been debating getting my hands on a .357sig for awhile. I pretty much decided on glock for this. Anyone else here use the .357sig as a carry weapon? What are your thoughts on it? Decent round? I have access to alot of different ammo because my lgs owner is a hug 357sig fan!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  2. michael e

michael e

Nov 20, 2010
    I like the 32 for carry, but the 31 gets shot the most.
    Rarely carry the sigs and still playing with reloading the 357sig round .

3. bobtheelf

Sep 3, 2012
    I have my G32 on me as I type this. I like it.
  4. 00Glazz

Apr 3, 2011
    I have heard it is a hard round to reload? Why is that exactly?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  5. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    I like the baby Glock size best for concealing.
  6. elijah58

Feb 6, 2012
    Aiken, SC
    The sig round is my favorite of all of my calibers, I carry my G33 with me everywhere I go. Check out some ballistics info on the round and you will be impressed with the results. As far as loading, the only thing I have seen is you can't get a carbide die set for the sig. But this is the only issue that I have.
  7. clarkstoncz

Sep 28, 2006
    I carried my Gen 3 G32 tonight.

Plenty of power for me with most any load.
    The Glock 33s carry a bit better, esp. in a fanny pack, but those look out of
    place here in the fall and winter.[​IMG]

I have my heart and mind set on buying a Gen 4 .357 and it will probably be a
    Baby Glock.

I'll just wait until the Gen 4 Glock 33s are more available later in 2013.

A Gen 4 Glock 31 would be nice as well, and only money keeps me from
    eventually having all 6 Glock .357 models.

I've owned Glocks in 9mm, 40 and .45 acp, but find the .357s to be the most fun
    to shoot!

Best of luck with your .357 SIG purchase.
  8. TxGlock9

Nov 22, 2010
    BMT, TX
    32 or 33 for me.
  9. "I like the 32 for carry, but the 31 gets shot the most."
    +1 - same here.

The 32 is a great conceal carry in a Ankle Glove or SkyOps.
  10. "I like the 32 for carry, but the 31 gets shot the most."
    +1 - same here.

The 32 is a great Conceal Carry in a Ankle Glove or SkyOps.
  11. cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    I'd vote for the 32 if it's for carry.
  12. sig357fan

Apr 8, 2008
    SW OH
    Not necessarily harder, die selection and set up, powder and bullet selection are more critical.

A carbide sizing die can be had from Dillon but is pretty expensive. I use a 40 S&W carbide sizing die to size the body and then use a standard steel 357 Sig sizing die for the neck and shoulder, easily done but adds a step in the reloading prosses. Some use “One Shot” to lube the brass similar to sizing bottle neck rifle cases.

Bullet selection is critical due to the short neck of the case, truncated cone style bullets are generally used. Powders like LongShot, Blue Dot and AA 9 are used because the get the velocity and fill the case which helps prevent bullet set-back, which is a very bad thing in a high pressure round.

All in all not more difficult just needs more attention to detail.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  13. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Dec 21, 2002
    Although I've had the G26 and G19 for sometime I'm not a big Glock fan.

In June I came by a new G33 for $350.
    I was very impresed with the 357 SIG in the G33 so I loaded a couple thousand rounds.

Before tearing both my shoulders (horses) I shot a few hundred rounds through the gun.
    Powerful and very accurate.

I have to admit that the G33/357 SIG will be one of my primary carry guns sometime late next year when my shoulders heal.
  14. roberev

Mar 31, 2009
    I switched from .40 cal to .357 Sig two months ago. I had been a diehard .40 fan since 1992. All of the recent articles and videos have convinced me of the benefits of this move. Working with the central Virginia LEO community, I also have heard some first-hand accounts and seen photos showing the benefits of this cartridge.

My EDC now is a 33 (actually a 27 with a barrel swap), in a Smart Carry holster. I have a 32 that I sometimes carry using a Raven Vanguard 2.

I enjoy shooting them both, but have a decided preference for the 33. With a Pierce extension on the magazine, I find it to be more controllable, for reasons I cannot explain. Maybe it's the double recoil spring.

15. dkf

Aug 6, 2010
    In my experience people whom usually say it is hard to reload never reloaded it and are regurgitating what they heard from someone else at one point. The right bullet profile is key then the right die set next. Basically stay away from RCBS .357sig dies and you will be ok. I use Lee myself and reload .357sig for a little more money than 9x19.(sig takes slightly more powder) One of the first rounds I ever reloaded was .357sig.

As for which gun. I own a G32 and G33 but will be purchasing a G31 in the near future and hopefully a G24 with .357sig barrel shortly after that. I carry the G33 the most because it is just so damn handy to carry. The small size prevents the gun from getting hit on stuff while I am working. The G32 is a very good size though for both carrying and shooting, it just prints more. I bought the G33 first with the intention of buying the G32 in the near future. Kinda hard to buy just one.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  16. AustinTx

Aug 16, 2006
    Excellent explanation.

Have you tried just resizing the case body and leaving the neck as is? It would depend on your particular chamber, I think. I'm curious, as to whether the case neck is capable of holding a new bullet, without neck resizing.
  17. dkf

Aug 6, 2010
    You have to full length size (neck included) every time. The bullet will just push slide in the case without resizing the neck. Plus the shoulder needs bumped back.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  18. 00Glazz

Apr 3, 2011
    Wow, Thank everyone for the quick replies! I think tomorrow I will be going down to my lgs and buying either the g32, or g33 and a couple hundred rounds of ammo to go burn! I am also really interested to start reloading this now as well! So is the general consensus is Lee dies work well for this cartridge? I have a Lee press now and dies for a .45ACP/LC and also dies for .40S&W but I havent had that much experience reloading yet. So this seems like a fun round to really get into reloading with!

Thanks again everyone, also I know from the ballistic reports I am reading that this is a pretty fast and hard hitting round. Anyone have any solid data on overpenetration for this? I will more than likely start carrying it based on the kinetic energy transfers/velocity I am seeing!
  19. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

Feb 15, 2012
    I have to say both the G31 and G32.
  20. For carry I'd go 32. I have a G23 and a G32 barrel basically converting my 23 into a 32. I think the .357 Sig is a great round although it's a bit snappy. I think the larger frame of the 32 would be an advantage over the smaller sized 33.