Which 1911?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by District18, Jun 22, 2011.

1. deduce as you please, sherlock. yes, i have shot a springfield loaded at B&R outdoor range. he didn't have a trophy match, so i had to settle for a 1991a1. the colt didn't have as many bells and whistles, but gracefully held it's own. i didn't feel the need to defend myself, as seldom do i argue on GT.

there's nothing wrong with the loaded, i just don't like the asthetics.

and however old and worn the cliche "i'm losing IQ conversing with you" is, the song remains the same.

and there's no need to shout.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #61 woodrowNC, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  2. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Everybody calls me Psycho. :faint:

3. Yes, but unless you shoot them side by side, one right after another, it's such a small difference it would be darn near impossible to distinguish it, at least for me.
  4. I agree with you on the asthetics, as I think ambi safeties look silly and the target sights are not the prettiest in the world - not sure if you shot the target model or not. The trigger is much more solid and smoother than both of the Colt's I've shot... 1991 and series 70 that I own now. It's also much nicer and crisp than the Springfield mil spec. On those other guns the trigger has a bit of up and down play... not so on the loaded.

I think the loaded gets a bad rap for some perplexing reason that I've yet to figure out. I've only shot five different 1911s - the other being a PT1911 which had a lot of play. I've never shot a kimber or an expensive 1911, but of the sub $1000 guns it's the best I've shot.
  5. Heck, they're both similar. I say toss a coin and see which way it lands, 2/3 get to say.