Where was god this morning during the school shooting?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by IndianaMatt, Dec 14, 2012.

1. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

It's called being held accountable for having no class and behaving like the disgusting person that you are. You don't like it, have no friends (as you have said), then perhaps you should reconsider your behavior.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #61 jdavionic, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  2. This is the contrivance of your religion that you don't even know because you've been so brainwashed. Anyone that disagrees is "rude" or a heathen. Do physicists threaten people or get into rages when someone disagrees?

Everyone here is calling me names, saying I am disgusting. Why? Because I disagree.

I don't think you are disgusting. I just think you are brainwashed.

#62 IndianaMatt, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  3. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

why? because there are families trying to wrap their minds around incomprehensible loss, and you decide this is a great excuse to stick your finger in the eye of someone in a religion forum.

disagreement with religion is fine. usng this tragedy as a sounding board isn't.

4. I don't think the post of a senseless atheist prick (OP) can be cancelled out with the post of a Holier than thou prick!

Don't you think?

5. hotpig

hotpig IAFF Local 4766
    CLM

It does not have anything to do with prayer or any certain God.

Pretty much all religions be it Christian or not teach some form of moral code or ethics.

As we move further and further into a Godless society actions like this are getting more common.

Kids have no moral code, they are alienated electronically and by psych meds. Many are not able to even have a face to face conversation with a real person. They do not play outside and rely on text conversations with the person sitting next to them.

6. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

No. People are calling you names that accurately describe you based on your behavior. As for me being some representative of the Christian religion...I have never proclaimed such a thing. I have a lot of work to do there, since I still feel compelled to call people like you a disgusting disease and wish the worst for you. Yes....JD is a bad Christian...now print this out, fold it up to get as many sharp edges as possible, and shove it up your arse.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. Just goes to show, doesn't really matter what you believe, a prick is a prick.

8. Why don't you all take a break from telling each other how stupid and hateful the other side is. Children died, and you're using that tragedy as a weapon; you should be ashamed.

9. This....

10. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

If ever there was a thread that should be collectively self locked, as in every person reading it just decided that responding would be a sad waste of time, this is the one.

11. Well said.

There is no victory FOR anyone. A bunch of kids are dead. Go crawl in a hole somewhere(op).

End gun free zones. It's a magnet for these type of *******s.

#71 chickenwing, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  12. We have a moral & spiritual crisis...2 Chronicles 7:14

May God bless you and our nation!

13. Guss

Why aren't the religious folks happy that the little ones got a head start on Heaven?

14. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Seems like a legitimate question.

At the risk of siding with someone I really dislike, IndianaMatt's question is basically a classic - "if god is perfectly good and all powerful, why does he let bad things happen?"

This school shooting seem like a news topic for discussion, like any other, to me. I have to wonder if the people who keep saying it can't be discussed just lack a good answer. I read on the internet that people with no connection at all to this school are sitting home crying and traumatized about the shooting, but I don't know any people like that in the real world, so I have my doubts.

15. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

You're leaving out two important considerations and why folks, like myself, were outraged. Go back and look at the a) what time he posted this, and b) look at how he posted it (which you can see on post#8). The kids were laying dead in the school when this scumbag decided it was a good time to ridicule (again, see his OP quote in #8) religion.

You want to debate the belief of whether God plays an active role in shaping current events...fine. However the manner and timing that he chose illustrates that this individual is a disgusting scumbag.

He has no genuine interest in debating the topic in a respectful manner. Look at the idiot's other posts here and in other threads. He's a troll that comes into various areas of the forum with the sole intent of stirring the pot. Here, he apparently decided it would be fun to "nail" people who have religious beliefs by poking fun in a disrespectful manner while children lie dead in a school.

You want to debate the subject...hey, knock yourself and post a general discussion about why such tragedies happen and how could God "allow" such a thing. I have my answers to such questions; however the OP has not earned respect from me (and many others) and I will not dignify his post by engaging in such a discussion. I will say that religious people often look to God for the same answer when they are touched by such a tragedy.

However the manner and timing of this Matt's post shows that he's just out there to troll & intentionally irritate people by ridiculing their religious beliefs immediately following the news of the incident while the bodies of the victims lie dead in the school. He then has the audacity to play 'victim' himself by citing that people are being mean or foregoing their religious beliefs in the manner that they've responded to his disgusting behavior. Guess what, it's called being held accountable for your behavior (you, meaning the OP). Sure, you're free to say most anything. However don't whine like a little ***** when someone throws the crap right back into your face.

Bren, I normally agree with you on many fronts. However hopefully you can see the other factors that play into this thread and why it would be deemed to be done in such bad taste. He's likely fortunate that he can hide behind the internet and that someone like another GT member who lost a relative in the shooting doesn't read his garbage and has no idea where and who the OP is.

#75 jdavionic, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  16. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

I agree with you. However asking it when he did shows almost a sociopathic lack of basic human decency and empathy.

You may also be partly right about the lack of a good answer on the part of the religious. I'm more of an atheist/agnostic, so I'm aware of the uncomfortable answer they want to avoid, however I'm just as thoroughly disgusted at the insensitivity of the OP. It's an exceedingly poor time to attempt to spike a football to win debating points.

Randy

17. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

well, so far in this thread, 2 users have announced that they are scumbags.

and , looking at who they are, who's really surprised?:upeyes:

18. I don't know what Indiana Matt's issues are. I KNOW God was in the school Friday. He was there when Victoria Soto, a 27 year old new teacher hid her kids and faced the gunman alone and thereby saved their lives. If this is not a true example of God's presence, I don't know what is.

19. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

member of the religion of peace i see.

20. i posted something on my facebook page a few hours after the incident alluding to just that.

i wrote that while the nation was weeping for 20 beautiful, innocent children, those same 20 beautiful, innocent children were weeping for us because WE are the ones still stuck on this sick, depraved planet while they are soaring with angels.

even my atheist friends on facebook were polite enough to "like" my wall post, which showed they have a little class, unlike the POS that started this thread.