Where was god this morning during the school shooting?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by IndianaMatt, Dec 14, 2012.

1. BicycleDay43

BicycleDay43 00 Buck dude

Are you seriously going to play your little "cool and edgy internet athiest" game the DAY this happens? I'm not that religious and could care less about the topic on any other day. Today though, you're acting like a pretty decent sized prick.

Sent from the bridge of an Imperial Star Destroyer

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #41 BicycleDay43, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  2. Hey OP, the real question is "why do you care?".

evolution is what evolution does.

we're just the lucky products of chance and happenstance anyway.

everything that happens is just the product of a bunch of atoms bouncing off of each other.

if you're an atheist/evolutionist/materialist and you feel even the smallest hint of sadness, grief, or sympathy for the children killed, you're borrowing from the Christian worldview and are not a true atheist/evolutionist/materialist.

if you do not feel even the smallest hint of sadness, grief, or sympathy for the children killed, then you are not only a true atheist/evolutionist/materialist, you are just as big a POS as the shooter.

3. Good and evil. You can't have one without the other.

Perhaps the dear Lord intended for us to recognize the difference.

Perhaps the Lord wanted to shield us from this knowledge, but mankind's free will insisted on knowing, in the attempt to be God-like.

Either way, on occasions like these I fall back to the words of Abraham Lincoln.

"... I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost ...."

We parents are the keepers of our children's trust for such a short time in life as it is.

#43 engineer151515, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  4. Really?? I didn't know Christians had a monopoly on empathy.

This is such a stupid statement, I don't even know where to start with it.

5. Empathy is not unique to humans, and certainly not unique to Christians, so your post is, well, ridiculous.

Furthermore, Christians believe that these children (and adults) are now in a better place, and many will claim that this is all part of God's Plan. This minimizes how truly tragic this attack was. As an atheist I accept that these people are not in a better place, there will be no happy reunions. These people only live on in the memories of those that they touched, and in any legacy they may have left behind. This allows me to deeply relate to what a loss this really was.

It's time to grow up beyond ancient mythology and a Consoling Proposition and recognize how tragic today's events truly were.

-ArtificialGrape

6. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Make that 7. OP should refrain from posting while HUA.

Randy

7. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

There was a guy on FNC, just now, who tried to give an answer to the o.p.. He sounded pretty good. His name was Father John or Jonathan Morris or Morrison (IIRC). It was mentioned he wrote a book where he talks about this stuff (I think).

#47 hogfish, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  8. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

:supergrin: What a laugh!

How dare you! :steamed: First, you godless heathens: foster, aid, and abet an impossible-to-govern social situation; and, then, you dare to complain about the results.

With this sort of, 'higher reasoning' rampant among the general public, that crocodile I watched crying on TV, last night, is sure to end up effectively disarming 300 million people because of a few madmen's sins.

Look at it this way: Those of us who are left are going to have to deal with: Obamacare, continued congressional raids on Social Security assets, more and more godless atheists, and the very serious social problems these unbelieving heathens create. You shouldn't be complaining about a societal defect of which you are more a part of the problem than part of the solution.

I have to wonder: Who, the Hell, are you to criticize the Superior Being and Majesty of that, 'Creative and Creating Power' which you so very clearly fail to understand? Don't you know that, sooner or later, a man MUST stand-to-answer for his every single: word, thought, and deed!

(Adam Lanza is - according to the recorded teachings of The Lord Jesus Christ - finding this out, right now, as I type! Only a completely asinine and godless fool imagines that he can sin ever so despicably, shoot himself in the head, and escape all of the moral consequences. 5,000 years of recorded spiritual history state exactly the opposite result.)

You people shame yourselves with this sort of rhetoric; and, someday, you're going to have to answer to a Higher Power for this blasphemy, too. (Perhaps, even while you're still here!)

Smart men - even disbelieving smart men - would remain silent. So, how about doing those of us who are (and remain) Christian believers a favor and putting a lid on your smug self-righteous indignation. I'm sure you're, 'no particular prize' yourself; and, be patient: Undoubtedly God, in His infinite creative wisdom, will be getting around to you and your problems with divine comprehension sooner rather than later. :freak:

#48 Arc Angel, Dec 15, 2012
  9. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Well Said!!!.....:agree:

10. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

You two are as bad as the OP.

Randy

11. :goodpost: Spoken with great wisdom. Unfortunately for some, it'll have the same effect on them as a gold nose ring on a pig.

#51 ArmoryDoc, Dec 15, 2012
  12. 2-8 Marine

2-8 Marine Limp Member

Indiana Matt is a troll who revels in our disgust of his moronic comments. Better to just ignore him and deny him his sadistic pleasure.

13. "What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence"

Applies to all the comments above.

#53 IndianaMatt, Dec 15, 2012
  14. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

THERE IS ALWAYS EVIDENCE!

(You just have to be willing to consider it.) ;)

'The first sign of intellectual tyranny, of dogma, is an unwillingness to stand still and listen.' - Hubert H. Humphrey

15. Funny thing is, I didn't attack anyone personally in this thread, but all the christians came out with blistering personal attacks against me.

Its always a sign of victory when your opponent has nothing left to say but ad hominem.

#55 IndianaMatt, Dec 15, 2012
  16. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

There is no "Victory" here Matt for anyone.

Your thread stinks. You reap what you sow.

17. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

you picked a great time to pull this one genius. wait 48 hours after a tragedy to show what a mistake your parents made next time.

18. hotpig

hotpig IAFF Local 4766
    CLM

[​IMG]

19. Yep, we need more prayer.

All these school massacres can be attributed to not enough prayer in schools.

So your god, when not honored with enough "prayer," sends a psychopath to mow down 20 kindergarteners with a gun?

Nice god you got there.

Keep him.

#59 IndianaMatt, Dec 15, 2012
  20. Well according to the good Reverend Pelps and his merry band of lunatics God was watching with glee because of the fags.

Here's hoping they one day decide to take the road traveled by Jim Jones his wackjobs.