close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Where to go for Christian discussion?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by vart, Aug 9, 2011.

1. vart

vart

Feb 17, 2000
    The Palouse
    I'm really getting sick and tired of GT becoming increasingly intolerant of Christians.

Religious Issues is little more than a place that atheists can come and freely insult believers.

I enjoy a little debate now and then, but the constant insults in not only the Lounge, but here in RI are tiresome.

What are some good forums where Christians can interact and discuss without atheist trolls popping up?

2. Triple7

Triple7

May 30, 2011
    Doesn't exist.
    I'm more than willing to discuss Christian based arguments. (Free Will vs Determinism, Speaking in tongues, ect.)

3. The largest one, and the one with the most informed posters, is at the Catholic.com website.

4. vart

vart

Feb 17, 2000
    The Palouse
    That's sad...:crying:

5. vart

vart

Feb 17, 2000
    The Palouse
    Unfortunately, I am not Catholic (though I do root for Notre Dame)...:whistling:

6. christianforums.com -- participation in most forums requires acceptance of the Nicene Creed (as I recall), and they're pretty quick to ban violators.

7. Triple7

Triple7

May 30, 2011
    I might actually join there. Interesting.

I'm gonna check out Christian Mingles too.....looks so funny.

8. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Sep 20, 2003
    Penn's Woods
    Hey, Vart, 'Lift up your head and rejoice!' (You already know, 'Why' - Right!) It you think things are bad now, just wait awhile. It's going to get a whole lot worse. ;)

9. Everything is going to become unimaginably worse and never get better again.
    –Kurt Vonnegut​

10. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Sep 20, 2003
    Penn's Woods
    :shocked: Really! That's NOT the hope of any Christian I know.

(Or are you talking about the American economy? If you are, according to the Wall Street analysts, it's going to take this nation the better part of the next 50 years to climb back up out of the hole.)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  11. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Feb 14, 2008
    Costa Mesa
    We have an ignore list for that.....easy fix.
    What I want to know is why atheists keep insisting that Atheism is NOT a religion but keep posting their drivel in the RELIGIOUS ISSUES forum.

12. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Sep 20, 2006
    Galveston County, TX
    I agree use the ignore list. That will leave you with Atheists able to debate without resulting to insults if there are any.

13. vart

vart

Feb 17, 2000
    The Palouse
    Checking the suggestions out now; thank you!

14. I read a few of the postings there. It's really depressing. Guilt, guilt, guilt.

15. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009

Don't worry about it or them. They are no different than folks who vandalize a church building. They spew the equivalent of what is commonly written on toilet stall walls. Let them blow. They have much in common with the hand dryer in a service station rest room.

16. Kentak

Kentak

Jan 8, 2006
    Central Ohio
    Is it your belief that a "Christians only" forum would all brotherhood and love? Judging from the interactions between Christians of various stripes I've observed here over the years, I tend to think otherwise.

BTW, as for insults, I wish I had a buck for every time some believer stated or implied that atheists are incapable of behaving morally or ethically. That's an insult.

17. ksg0245

ksg0245

Feb 28, 2008
    California
    Because even though atheism isn't a religion, RELIGIOUS ISSUES, such as the insistence that creationism be taught as science, affect atheists.

18. AlexHassin

AlexHassin

Dec 15, 2010
    Taiwan
    i have never got the guilt thing that seams to go whith religions and people in general. have a good time, your only on this rock for a few years anywase

19. And what about you? It's OK when you do it because you're doing in the name of a loving forgiving God. Do you ever wonder why people don't have much use for Christians.