close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Where to get prescription shooting glasses

Discussion in 'General Competition' started by 1glockfan23, Jul 19, 2010.

1. 1glockfan23

1glockfan23

Mar 11, 2010
    Where can I find a good deal on prescription shooting glasses? Anybody have any experience ordering them online?

2. Jwickersham

Jwickersham

May 9, 2003
    Middletown, Oh
    Check the Rudy Project or WileyX websites for local vendors, it should have optometrist that carry their products

3. Jager Arms

Jager Arms

Aug 21, 2006
    West Virginia
    I just went to my eye doctor. I got WileyX frames with transition poly carbonate lenses. They are perfect for shooting sports.

4. Hoser

Hoser Ninja

May 22, 2002
    Decot with the adjustable nosepiece. Worth it of you shoot rifle or shotgun.

5. VAisForGlockers

VAisForGlockers

Jun 21, 2010
    Mind if I ask how much? My dr. gave me a price of $200+. So for the meantime I took a pair of Oakleys I had and went to a Wal Mart eye center and got my prescription but in those for $60.

6. Jager Arms

Jager Arms

Aug 21, 2006
    West Virginia
    If I remember correctly, they were $380 total.

7. frankt

frankt

May 9, 2005
    Georgia
    I bought a pair of the ESS Ice glasses from Optics Planet. At the time they were about $60 and came with a tinted,clear and yellow lens. I added the optic insert for $20 more.

My Eye Doc charged me fifty to put a progressive prescription with the bifocal on top for the shooting eye. He charged $50. So for about $130 I have a set of prescription shooting glasses with three lens choices. I could not find any cheaper anywhere else.

8. Bolle Vigilantes w/the lens insert. Have your local eye guys make the lenses that fit the insert.

9. mikey357

mikey357 CLM

Jan 11, 2002
    Griffin, GA
    +1...and they work GREAT for Pistol shooting as well!!!....mikey357

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010