close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Where to find a Ithaca Featherlight 37 barrel?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by infiniti0505, Dec 10, 2010.

1. infiniti0505

infiniti0505

Dec 2, 2008
    I have a model 37 that was gifted to me by my father. I would like to find another barrel I could cut down to 18.5". Im looking to spend under $100. Does anyone have any ideas where to find a extra replacement barrel?

2. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

Apr 15, 2004
    Redneck Sparta
    Guns made after serial number 855,000 are capable of changing barrels. Before that, an extra barrel will require fitting. Ithaca (the "new" Ithaca) was providing a service where they'd mutilate your old gun for a new barrel, but your old barrel would no longer fit after they removed the old threads and re-threaded your receiver for an adapter.

So hopefully you've got a post 1963ish gun. :cool:

3. infiniti0505

infiniti0505

Dec 2, 2008
    Thank you for all the info! I looked up the serial # and my gun was made between 1970-71. Where would I find one of these barrel? I see some online for 150ish, but at that price I might as well get a Mossberg 500.

4. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

Apr 15, 2004
    Redneck Sparta
    I'd watch the ads on gunbroker, gunsamerica etc., and place a few WTB ads on some of the busier forums. It won't be real easy to find, but there's a spare out there somewhere.

ETA: On the other hand, due to the nature of the market, I'd also be on the lookout for a whole shotgun in decent shape. For $150 or so, you could get your donor barrel and a complete set of spares for the long haul. :supergrin:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010